New Roger Daltrey Album - As Long as I Have You (June 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CrazyBrown, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I believe you are correct,sir!

phillyal1 likes this.
  2. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Has anyone one seen links for ordering vinyl in the USA? Thanks in advance.

3. CRadtke

CRadtke Forum Resident

dee, Ernest T, CrazyBrown and 2 others like this.
  4. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Good listen. Thank you

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Ernest T

Ernest T Forum Resident

Loving the two songs I've heard!

6. dee

dee Senior Member

Some morbid humor in that interview!
    I like the arrangement (guitars), playing, and 'healthy stereo' mix of How Far.
    Roger sounds in strong voice on it.

Svetonio likes this.
  7. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident

I love the new song! it impress me Roger vocals, he sounds more close to 1970s than 2000s! And i love Pete acoustic guitar contribution. Remind meow those little licks in The Seeker. Amazing.

dee, Svetonio, Ernest T and 3 others like this.
  8. Black Thumb

Black Thumb Yah Mo B There

Really impressed by "How Far", has an early '70s Who feel. Had to refresh my memory on the Stephen Stills / Manassas original from that era, and Roger does it great justice.

9. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

I loved "As Long As I Have You", but I think I love "How Far" even more. Honestly, I am surprised at how great both of these tracks are.

Matthew Tate and Ernest T like this.
  10. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

+1

11. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Feeling like "How Long" must have had some vocal sweetening in post-production. Just seems unlikely that he's hitting notes that perfectly. Either way I'm digging the track. Can't wait for the album!

12. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

A concept album about his appreciation for Pete?

13. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

mkhannah likes this.
  14. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Roger's live vocals were pretty rough from 2000-2004, 2002 in particular contained a long of cringeworthy vocal work. IIRC, he subsequently had a procedure on his throat and also went through some vocal rehabilitation and training, with a noticeably improvement during the second half of the 2000's and up through his most recent live work. His vocals on "Endless Wire" were quite good, and the first two previewed songs from his upcoming album sound very good. It is amazing what can still be done in the studio.

J_D__ and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

I had never looked at photos of his house before. Amazing.

16. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Picking up the CD this Friday at my local shop, but really want the vinyl, which seems to be coming out on 6/8...but what's the story with the different colors of the vinyl and their release...most likely want the standard black any way, just curious...import only and seems to be running around $28 or so...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

$22 vinyl

Roger Daltrey - "As Long As I Have You" Vinyl

scotti likes this.
  18. dee

dee Senior Member

Ha, throwing my own 'threadcrapper' (I exaggerate!) in with some intended irony based on the Fillmore East Who thread ;) just to say the album cover looks more like a Rod Stewart (now I love me some Rod The Mod!) Songbook series kind of cover or something too civil or refined. The cover doesn't add up, to my eyes, with the kind of singing Roger is doing on the 1st 4 songs of the album up for listening at iTunes. He is really letting it all hang out there vocally and going for it! In Get Out The Rain and Where Can A Man Go? (iirc) he seems to me obviously pitchy at times so I don't buy there was any extra effects or studio fakery or trickery of that particular kind on this record, but anyway, he is singing with such gusto, force, and conviction, and his tone and feel is so compelling, 'perfect pitch' can well be effectively dismissed when everything else like that just rings 'true' and 'real' to my ears. Anyway, just a few random thoughts and opinions. Looking forward to buying the cd or download, asap, as for the more expensive vinyl, I'd need something more to look at like like Roger as Hulk crushing microphones lolx not the elder statesmen and not that it's not a 'nice looking' photo of a Roger the Mod ;).
    I don't know how much Going Back Home inspired Pete with Be Lucky, or to release a few songs like Guantanamo and How Can I Help You Sir, but if so, it seems by his own playing on this record too that As Long As I Have You did and, or will.

19. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Ok, so I admit the cover is pretty plain and quite boring. But in this situation I am not buying the vinyl for the cover, I am buying the vinyl for the expectation of better sound over the CD.

dee likes this.
  20. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Thanks, had only checked my local shop and Amazom, who are actually at $32 for this...prices seem to be all over and again, any info on all the different versions, are they Indie exclusives or just colored vinyl offered at certain distributors? $22 for import vinyl is a great price!

dee likes this.
  21. dee

dee Senior Member

With Pete playing on more than balf the songs, and Roger singing on all of them, it's seems like it's closer to the idea of that rumored album of covers from The Two bandied about a few years back ;)

22. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Does anyone know if there will be a deluxe edition version of this CD with bonus tracks? I'm hoping they will follow the same pattern as they did with "Going Back Home" and "Endless Wire."

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

The deluxe of Going Back Home was issued a while after the original release, whereas the deluxe Endless Wire was released the samw time as the standard album.

Whether we get a deluxe release later on probably depends how well it does.

Matthew Tate and melstapler like this.
  24. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

He’s performed live on the One Show earlier.

25. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

The Japan shm cd has one bonus track, I believe. If I heard correctly, I think it’s an acoustic version of a song that’s on the regular album.

melstapler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.