New Season of Mr. Robot Starting

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mds, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

He's playing another version of the character he played in the fantastic and sadly missed show Rubicon.

2. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Make sure to wait till the credits end in the season finale :righton:

audiomixer and Vidiot like this.
  3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

...if I can stay up for it!.....
    It is going over an hour!

4. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

I think you'll make it ! :)

5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Wow, what a difference a season makes! I'm glad I waited till the end to binge watch the whole season - it's a much more rewarding experience. After a very disappointing S2, S3 made up for it in spades. There was so much forward momentum with some skillful retrospective fill-ins from the previous season(s).

I also liked that they were able to depict the Mr Robot character into Elliot's experience in a new and narratively interesting manner (with the onset glitching), well done.

There was one scene that had me in stitches. Wellick accuses the FBI stooge of being a puppet whereupon he responds: "Not a puppet, not a puppet, you're the puppet!" - literally echoing a certain presidential candidate in a televised debate. :D

They've been pushing the timeline mod/alternate reality angle pretty hard throughout, so I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems too heavy handed to be an actual possibility, but you never know.

Look forward to next season's binge!

Vidiot and vince like this.
  6. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

Last night’s finale was one of the best I’ve seen for a finale in any series in a very long time. Plenty of twists and turns and reveals to boot. Best parts for me:
    I thought Dom was going to get the axe (literally), whew! But now she’s a mole.
    And Santiago got what he deserved.
    Angela’s Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader moment, I am your father!
    Irving used to be White Rose’s lover!
    The Brave Traveler

proedros, slipkid and vince like this.
  7. vince

Well... I was fading in and out last night, so, I'll have to watch it again....
    I WILL say, I didn't like the fact the Dom didn't 'toughen up', during the 'axe'-moment!
    Like Elliot's sister, she seemed like she was tuff as nails, and then... the the doo-doo hits the fan, they both kinda cowered away from the situation....
    But, you know.... author's choice.

8. Amazing season finale to an amazing season. I'm so glad I didn't bail on after last year's sloth fest (Season 2 was still fairly good. It just plodded along with what seemed like a bit of filler).

Anyway, about the finale: I thought it was very cool how in the finale Mr. Robot and Elliot started talking again, after being so at odds during the entire season. It had to be that way, really, though I didn't see it coming. Now it all makes sense.

It was also interesting how Irving had been so cool, calm, and collected in his role, only to see him come unhinged with the axe, as well as to find out that he is a much bigger player than some (most?) of us might have thought.

It was a great reveal how Elliot found out that he was never pushed out of the window.

Also a great reveal was finding out that Price is Angela's father. If I found one niggling flaw is that he didn't have to say, "I am your father." We got the picture before then. I guess it seemed odd because Price isn't really a do-I-need-to-spell-it-out type person.

It might have been better if we didn't have the epilogue after Elliot pressed enter, but obviously they needed that WTF moment to introduce who I assume will be another major player. (Was that really a prostitute who Darlene was talking too, or was that her Ms. Robot?)

Well, anyway, we all know who will be on the front line of E-Corp when the email comes in. Tyrell, of course, who was supposed to be just a figurehead as CTO, but now he actually has something to do. Imagine how he will feel when asked to be the lead on putting everything back together that he worked so hard to destroy.Of course he lost his wife and child in the destruction, so what a kick in the ass! :)

9. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

I don't see it like that. She was tough as nail as long as it was only her own safety that was at risk. But like any human being, she has her own Achille's heel.

10. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

Wow, that finale was great! Perhaps my favorite episode of the whole series. Season 3 has been a bit tedious, although parts of it were very good. The finale was a terrific payoff.

11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

We found out what the Dark Army has been holding over Santiago all this time while he played his part as mole. Just like Dom, if he didn't do the things he had to do, HIS family would have been at risk. So when Dom has played her role as mole for a while, are you going to wish the same kind of demise on her that you are OK with Santiago receiving?

Lots of gray area.

12. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

I don’t really care one way or another. It’s just a show, makes for good entertainment. No one knows for sure what will happen to Dom except the writers. If she suffers the same fate as Santiago so be it.

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

How many innocent people died because Santiago was protecting his family?

Yeah, I'm OK with what happened to Santiago.

14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

LOL, if you thought that season 3 was tedious, I'd hate to think what you thought of season 2! :D

etzeppy likes this.
  15. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

Probably the wrong word there. I found parts of it overly complicated, although I enjoyed it overall. I know some didn't care much for Season 2, but I was okay with it.

16. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

Awesome series and awesome finale. Can't wait to see what spin they do next season

audiomixer likes this.
  17. mds

mds Forum Resident Thread Starter

Can someone fill me in on the very last scene when the dudes drive up in the muscle car and get out and confront Darlene. Is this reminiscent of a scene from one of the "Back to the Future" movies? I saw the original a long time ago and don't remember much from it.

18. vince

I believe that's the 'drug dealer dude' from Season One... the guy that Elliot helped get out of prison.

slipkid and mds like this.
  19. Boo Rad

Boo Rad His horse was fast as polished steel

I was wondering when Vera (the drug dealer) was going to show back up again. I always felt like Elliot was holding a special plan of revenge for him (for what he did to Shayla).

20. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks for that. I just binge watched S3. Found it riveting right up till the end. I thought maybe this was the final season the way it was going but I guess not. I wondered who that guy was, wasn't sure if he was that drug dealer or what. Where the heck is this series going to go next to follow this up? Seemed like a wrap until the final ending there....

21. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Yes, he’s the drug dealer from season 1.

22. vince

I fantisize that Elliot and that crazy drug dealer, AND Dom are gonna 'take down' White Rose!

slipkid likes this.
  23. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Catch up on Season 3 while you can! Season 4 will be broadcast in "2019" and will be the final season.
    Mr. Robot to Return in 2019 for Fourth and Final Season | Blog | Mr. Robot | USA Network

proedros, mds and EVOLVIST like this.
  24. I thought there was a hefty wait between some seasons on other shows but this one takes the cake.

It's looking more and more like 2020 now.

Honestly, I'll have to go back and rewatch Season 3, this has been so far removed from recent memory.

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They're shooting new episodes of Mr. Robot for the final season right now, and the best guess -- since it's a Christmas-themed season -- is that it will be out around November/December:

Mr. Robot Season 4: Release Date, Cast, and More News

slipkid and trumpet sounds like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.