New Springsteen Album "Western Stars" June 14*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FingerPickin'Triumph, Apr 22, 2019.

1. HarvG

HarvG Forum Resident

So my Blu-Ray disc arrived today as promised. (Walmart clearly out performed Amazon, where still it's showing as usually shipping within 1 to 2 months.)

The video quality of the disc for 1080p HD looks very good. Downloaded the digital copy and linked to iTunes/Apple TV Plus. The streaming version through Apple TV looks to be higher quality than the Blu-Ray disk itself. My LG TV is registering it as 2160p. Not sure if true UHD or just up-scaled, but the streaming version definitely looks even more crisp than the BR disc.

The audio options on the disk are DD 5.1 and Dolby Atmos. Vocals are of course centered with the strings having a nice spread.

Overall, I'm pleased with the purchase.

matt79rome89 likes this.
  2. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

Thanks for the specs. When accessing the file through AppleTV you should see a "4K" logo on the menu summary if it's streamable in 4k. Here is a sample: [​IMG]

HarvG likes this.
  3. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Says 4K on iTunes UK

matt79rome89 likes this.
  4. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Yes indeed, I canceled my order with Amazon and ordered one from Walmart about three days ago with free shipping. I just received it at my door this morning, and I could not have been more surprised if I had woken up this morning with my head sewed into the carpet.

HarvG likes this.
  5. pacman68

pacman68 Forum Resident

I got the Western Start film LP for Christmas. I didn't ask for it cause I thought it was just gonna be Bruce telling boring stories about the songs. But man I have to say .... I think I like the versions of the songs better on this album. Yeah is voice isn't as good but he sounds beaten down and tired. Which adds a little more sadness to the songs. I still don't know why everyone hates Sleepy Joes Cafe. Classic working class up beat Bruce song. But if you don't have this on vinyl. Buy it.

DavidD, ego1jr, RSteven and 2 others like this.
  6. Tojo

Tojo Well-Known Member

The coloured editions were all pressed at GZ...

7. Tjazz

Tjazz Music is my Mistress

$9.75 for 2LP
    Bruce Springsteen Western Stars (Songs From the Film) on DeepDiscount

8. Jerry Garcia Jr

Jerry Garcia Jr Forum Resident

Now when a couple of months have passed, I am even more convinced that this is one of Springsteen’s greatest albums ever. Oh wait, make that two of his greatest albums, because the live version is almost on par with the original. Can’t stop listening to them. Can’t remember the last time I played an album to death like this!

I can’ believe he came up with such a masterpiece this late in the game. Certainly didn’t see that coming. Just incredible.

The question now is, where does he go from here? Of course I am interested in a new E Street Band album if that’s the plan but, man, can anything compete with THIS stuff? I doubt it. Bring on the outtakes please!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 3:07 PM