New Survivor ' Island of the Idols '

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

There was a lot of fast forwarding going on as I watched.

I might be done. I'm down to one season a year and they keep disappointing me. Maybe I'm watching the wrong one of the year but I am seriously wondering why I keep coming back.

Returning player shows don't interest me and they keep going back to that same boring bag of tricks. Maybe I'm done until Prost is done. Will revisit next fall to see where he is with the show.

2. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Obviously, it came down to the social game and jury management. Despite some of the negative comments Tommy got from some jurors, he ultimately did make some kind of a connection with most of them while Dean said it himself, if he didn't feel he could work with you, he just didn't bother. Plus, his resume was a little too late not to mention the leg up he got with Kellee playing an idol for him as well as Tommy informing him about another idol still in play as well as showing him how to make fire. And Lauren displayed some remarkable loyalty to Tommy by giving him her vote despite the revelation that he sabotaged her fire making.

3. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I guess it had been a while since I had watched, because I don't remember that switch. I liked it better when each juror got his/her time to ask a question rather than the free-for-all it seems to be now.

I also hate most of the challenges now. The whole "find 433 puzzle pieces and then put them together to win" is boring. I like the challenges that are battles of will, or balance, or stuff like that.

4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

You didn't miss much. Sia gifted 3 people with moolah. Jamal got 15K while both Elaine and Janet received 100K apiece. Yeah, a little embarrassing for Jamal. Kellee got a very weird one-on-one with Jeff where he apologized for what went down and said she was right all along. She, on the other hand, fumbled her way through a half-hearted speech that went nowhere. The sharp, articulate woman we saw on the show pretty much disappeared. Since all of this took up so much time and the main show again ran into the reunion hour, none of the pre-jury ejectees got any air time. And Dan, Jack and Elizabeth were not there. A very underwhelming end to a very underwhelming season.

5. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

Yeah, that exchange between Jeff and Kellee was maybe the five most awkward minutes in Survivor history.

6. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

they botched the whole Dan thing. and then the apology to Kellee was botched too. it was very awkward and forced.

rburly likes this.
  7. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

the whole dan thing is bizarre, a lot of the cast are supporting him now - that's why the other 2 didn't show up, noura also said he didn't do anything wrong and its blown up, I wished they let Kellee speak when dan was questioned before or let the whole cast discuss it now, get it out there. ....the whole Kellee/Jeff convo felt like cbs covering their asses. really weak season with a dismal finale/ and Sia needs to keep her money at this point, its getting old

8. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

I was going to watch the reunion thing this weekend but judging from the all negative comments above I think I' ll just pass on it.
    Terrible season ---ruined by BS and mostly dull players.
    Someone above mentioned they were looking forward to the next season when it will be the all-winners show.Someone else said they didn't like it when players returned. I feel more the latter. It might be good in that all the players will bring their A-Game to decide who' s The Greatest Survivor. Or it might be really blah . Who knows?
    I'd still like to see an all-women season. But that's me.
    What would you like to see?

9. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

The thing with Sia reminds me of the early years when Rosie O'Donnell was a big supporter of the show. Remember, she was the second celeb to host the reunion show before Probst took over? She was particularly enamored of the Australian season and even gifted Colby with a motorcycle on her talk show. That all came to a crashing halt the following season in Africa when one of the challenges involved drinking cow blood. Not so much the blood part but the method used to extract the blood which was pretty horrific.

10. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

a season of runner-ups might be interesting

11. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

That....or maybe get together every first-person voted off for another kick at the can or idol or whatever.

GlamorProfession and Manapua like this.
  12. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I enjoyed tonight's Survivor for a change. I'm too lazy to start a new thread though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.