New Survivor ' Island of the Idols '

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Lol. That tribal was amusing with all the flushed idols and of course, Mensa Dean clueless as ever. Nobody knew Karishma had an idol so she received most of the votes leaving Elizabeth and Janet with one apiece necessitating a re-vote in which E got voted out unanimously.

2. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Last night's tribal looked live but in hindsight it looked like Dan, Lauren, Janet, and Tommy might have stuck to their split vote plan. The difference being they roped Noura back in for a fifth and scared the other three to put their focus on Noura which sent one of the three home.

A relief to see Karishma finally gone.

3. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

They're not even bothering to show much of camp life anymore. The show began with the family reward challenge and then focused an inordinate amount of time on Noura's butt hurt feelings about being left out of the reward while the others rolled their eyes. I will say this for her, she's so into her world that she can spin and lie on a dime. Dean had the best edit and line of the night when during a confab between him and Noura in which she tried to convince him to turn on her own alliance, she asked him "Who do you not trust in the game?" and he said point blank "you". I heaved a sigh of relief that Karishma's pity party came to an end.

4. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Thanks be to the Survivor gods that the players decided not to keep Karishma around as a goat.

5. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Replaced by Dean I think.

6. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I wish they would have spent more time on Noura's differentiation that she is Karishma but likable and does stuff around camp. :laugh:

7. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I also enjoyed Nouras unhinged Tribal performance, especially when she tried to throw Dean under the bus with her "Oh, pretty boy Dean" digs which just sounded juvenile. Really wish he would've smirked "eat your heart out sweetie".

8. xdawg

Or Noura

Kyhl likes this.
  9. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Seems like there are plenty.

10. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Next time on Survivor: Goat Island.

11. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

Is she as spun as the show makes her out to be ?
    I couldn' t believe she was using leaves to figure out how the voting could go. Can't she do this in her head?

12. xdawg

[​IMG]

13. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Nice! I see Dan, Janet and oh look, is that Dean trying to hide behind that tree?

xdawg likes this.
  14. Wildest cat from montana

Speaking of Dean...what is this guy's plan exactly? He gave up his made up advantage of a counterfeit advantage and still has the original counterfeit advantage in his pocket and now what?

15. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Dean is certainly a strange bird but I'm not sure if it's just him or the show editing bs. His back story indicates more going on with him than the persona we as an audience have been given. His circle of friends and family describe an affable, intelligent and athletic guy but we've seen little of any of those qualities so far. The few confessionals we've gotten generally haven't done much to shine a light on his motivations or game play. Several of the players have complained that he made no attempt to get to know them, in fact, wouldn't look at them during conversations. This isn't good for jury management. Of course, this could be the show trying to keep the audience in the dark about the eventual winner so we get red herrings like Tommy who's pretty much gotten a traditional winner's edit.

16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

karisnma is gone and that is the best thing that has happened this season. she really and truly should have been gone week one, and that is the glitch in the game of survivor right now.

17. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Big bunch of dopes this season. No obvious villains a la Russell, no obvious heroes either. Not sure who I'm rooting for, I guess Tommy? Noura makes me want to plunge icepicks into both ears.

Dan

18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

anyone here have any info on exactly what dan did?

what a messed up season of survivor this has been.

the old lady might win.

Craig likes this.
  19. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Handsy with a producer or camera person?

20. Wildest cat from montana

I wouldn' t have believed this earlier but it's possible Dean might win. Dean !

21. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I now have more respect for what the show was trying to do with the Dan situation. That long tribal a few weeks ago was obviously needed in order to put this episode in context. Otherwise, it would have seemed random and unexplained, and I'm certain that some would have been ticked off that the show didn't address the issue before.

I'm also confused as to how the show is trying to portray Dean. He goes from being the "Kelso" of the cast to all of a sudden a genius strategist?

Dan

22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

This has definitely not been a great moment for the show. Lots of supposition going on about potential lawsuits from the fall-out of #MeToo-gate but folks have got to remember the show was filmed months ago so anything currently happening outside of it has no bearing on what's occurring on our television screens. As far as Dean goes, I think Rob & Sandra's jury management advice is a little too late in the game to do him much good. Several players have commented on his aloofness already and most of the jury members come across as being butt hurt types so I wouldn't be surprised if they drag him at Final Tribal.
    Oh, and since Dean has the idol nullifier and knows Janet has one, it ain't looking good for her chances either.

23. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

There are only (as of now) very unspecific and unconfirmed rumors, but past Survivors on social media have mentioned something about Dan touching a crew member's leg on the boat back to camp after an immunity challenge and Dan using the excuse of saying he slipped on the boat as to why it occured (although I doubt a clear accident would cause such an ejection so take that excuse as you will).

Sounds like there is legal stuff happening to where Jeff Probst can't share any info about it, he was really vaugue in a press interview that came out last night

24. xdawg

I'd say that Elaine's pity party at tribal council sealed her fate last night. No way would anyone else want to go against her at the final 3 after that.

25. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

And I believe Noura pointed that out when she turned to the group and said " Who here wants to sit next to Elaine at Final Tribal?" The silence was deafening. I really don't like it when people pull out the pity card for votes. Anyways, I'm sure Probst loves her so she'll be back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.