New Technics SL-1200GR arrived today ...(video)..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DaleClark, Dec 2, 2019.

1. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident Thread Starter

Tullman, PATB, 4011021 and 4 others like this.
  2. ThorensSme

ThorensSme Forum Resident

3. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

Very nice. Recent owner myself and very pleased with mine (running an AT450 with nude elliptical stylus). But turn your phone horizontal when taking video!

4. DaleClark

Funny you mention that. The one thing I am not really happy with are the RCA in ad out jacks on the MoFi. The jacks feel very flimsy and the cables are quite loose on the unit. It's one of those where if you move the unit with slight tension, the cables could easily become unplugged. Cables are really snug on the TT and Pre amp end. I still have 10 days, I may return the MoFi.

5. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

I don't know anything about phono stages as all my amps and one Yamaha RX-V990 AV receiver had great built in phono stages. I don't use stand alone units. My 1210GR is plugged directly into the Yamaha which was built when vinyl was still a major thing before CDs took center stage.

Wngnt90 likes this.
  6. DaleClark

There are still some Preamp and even DAC makers that are including a phono preamp. I'm not certain how high of quality they are, but at least one can get started. I would guess that my $299 MoFi preamp is probably along the lines of a built in preamp just with a mono and rumble switch.

7. DaleClark

The Elac PPA-2 looks like a nice pre. I may end up returning the MOFI due to loosy goosy rca jacks and see what kind of price music direct can give me.