New The Green Hornet from Universal & Amasia Ent.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by longdist01, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. longdist01

Kevin Smith and WildBrain are developing the new animated series to be set in contemporary times, following the adventures of a re-imagined Green Hornet and Kato - now the grown son of original Green Hornet and the daughter of the original Kato – as they partner to battle crime in Century City. It will also feature the Green Hornet’s ultra-high-tech car, Black Beauty.

3. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Why do we need "the son of" or "the daughter of" those characters? They're comic book characters and not exactly as big as say Superman of Batman that we need a ton of different versions of them. Derogative characters can sometimes work but more often they seem like a weak imitation. Just come up with something new instead of that cliched "offspring" idea.

longdist01 likes this.
  4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Rather have the '66 series on dvd/Blu-ray

longdist01 and jlocke08 like this.
  5. longdist01

Yeah definitely why hasn't this release happened yet?

Scope J likes this.
  6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

This is like making a big deal out of rehashing an era-gone-by property like Conde Nast's "The Shadow".
    Nobody cares, despite how much money could be made, even if you think you can come up with a way to intrigue a public who gave up on it half-a-century ago.

Okay...ya got a dude with an overcoat, a mask around his eyes, and a green car. I've already got one of these in my garage already. And, he's got a manservant who does his judo kicks for him. Yeah, that should be a winning combination.

7. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Haha, nicely put. It really is a product of it's time. the only reason I know is because of Bruce Lee and the Batman cross over. That being said, the characters felt old-fashioned to me, even for a 60's series. Like they were stuck in the 30's.

8. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

In William Kotzwinkle's Nightbook (1974?) a gay couple go to a fancy dress party as The Green Cornholer and his manservant Cocko. These days that might be the way to take a movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.