New Tom Petty album dropping "Wildflowers - All the Rest"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Gupton, Jun 2, 2015.

1. ryan de topanga

ryan de topanga Forum Resident

1) The reason that Wildflowers was recut from the 2015 version is that the pressing plant needed new lacquers, as they didn't have the parts for all the sides they pressed in 2015 (why, I don't know...). Chris Bellman recut the vinyl from the exact same 1/2" analog masters with the same lathe, EQ and level as the 2015 version. We didn't like the way the first go-around sounded when we recut it early this year, so we did it again. We think this pressing came out great.

2) I'm happy to report that the 5 disc CD and the 9 disc vinyl bought through the Tom Petty website WILL have download codes for "Finding Wildflowers" as well. Whatever configuration you buy will have downloads for the songs in that configuration. The downloads will be "standard" 320K mp3, from the 24 bit 44.1K "loud" digital master, 2464 Hi-Res FLAC from the high dynamic range 2496 digital files, and 2496 Hi-Res wav, from the same high dynamic range 2496 digital files.

2. ryan de topanga

ryan de topanga Forum Resident

Correction. 2496 Hi-Res FLAC

robtodd, FJFP, ARK and 4 others like this.
  3. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

There must be some mistake on those prices. But it seems that the 7LP is going to be like 230€ in EU so everything is possible. 3LP is fairly priced here though, about 36-40€

jumpinjulian likes this.
  4. windfall

windfall Senior Member

This is such great news on the digital files, Ryan, thank you!

5. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I went ahead and ordered the 5 CD from Warner’s. Now have to resist the big vinyl set at wowHD.

FJFP, Matthew Tate and JeffreyB like this.
  6. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Thanks for the info!!
    Do you know if the 5CD and 9LP bought from the Warners US store will also have Hi Res and the Finding Wildflowers downloads?

FJFP and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

Does that include the indie exclusive 9lp set?

jumpinjulian likes this.
  8. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I just got a response from Warner in regards to the 10% off code.
    They said it doesn’t work on pre-orders.
    Still doesn’t explain why it also doesn’t work on in-stock items though!

FJFP, Matthew Tate, ARK and 1 other person like this.
  9. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I mentioned this earlier and it is just my guess that the only way to get the downloads is through an email. I doubt there will be any physical vouchers included with any purchase. This is why I paid extra to get it through the Petty website. I don't think they are going to go out of their way to get your email to send you the downloads if you didn't buy it from the Petty website or Warner Music.
    This is just my guess. I hope I am wrong. I hope that everybody that buys the product (in any form), gets the download if they want it. Cross your fingers that I don't know what I am talking about.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Earlier in this thread someone received and posted a response from WEA that physical LP sets would include a download option. But they didn’t say what sized files.

Matthew Tate and jumpinjulian like this.
  11. 500Homeruns

Yes. If bought directly from WEA (or Petty).

12. I read that a card came with all the vinyl physical sets. Are they being removed from indie sellers ?

picassoson and AmosM like this.
  13. 500Homeruns

Again, I hope you are correct. I just wouldn’t bet on a voucher being included. Just sayin’.

I bought these recent sets on vinyl:
    Best Of Everything = no voucher
    An American Treasure = no voucher
    Live Anthology = no voucher

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

This is excellent news, Ryan. Thank you! We really appreciate you keeping us informed.

Matthew Tate and ARK like this.
  15. I don’t personally don’t care about a voucher since I’ll being playing the records. If I want some of the music in my car I’ll grab a CD set.

16. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Hmmm. I think I'll cancel my order for the 5-CD set and get the 9-LP set instead. The hi-res downloads sealed the deal for me and I think that I can stomach $250 for 9 LP's more than I can $150 for 5 CD's.

17. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Dude, thanks so much for dropping all the info you have. Much appreciated.

FJFP, Matthew Tate and ARK like this.
  18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

So @Batman21 -- in doing a thread search, I saw your posts from last Thursday, when Bull Moose was going to get back to you about the downloads...did they ?
    Common sense tells me we who bought from Bull Moose and won't be paying until shipment will get a download card(s) in the box, like other vinyl offerings.

19. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Yes

ARK and scotti like this.
  20. Batman21

Funny you ask! They never got back after saying they would check so I just bugged them again. Sure hoping a download card comes in the box.

Myke likes this.
  21. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

You might be referring to my post. I inquired with Bull Moose and they said that my 9LP set would “come with download codes.”

Myke and Batman21 like this.
  22. Batman21

Oh nice, i missed you mention that too.

fyi @Myke

Myke likes this.
  23. There you go then. I ordered my set from them too. Thank you

Myke likes this.
  24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

noname74 likes this.
  25. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

As it should be...that’s great news...thank you so much for keeping us informed.

Now all we need to know is whether the 24/96 hi-res will be available in “super deluxe” form at HDtracks, TP site or elsewhere, I’m optimistic, I really don’t see why it wouldn’t be.