Twilight Zone reboot with Jordan Peele - CBS All Access - Series Cancelled*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RickH, Nov 2, 2017.

1. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

On Pluto, it's on channel 661 (SciFi).

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I will make sure to check that out.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

without reading the entire thread; what's the buzz on this series? good, bad, mediocre?

4. HGN2001

Mediocre to poor, IMHO. There's a lot of politics and political correctness to wade through. Once in awhile, it's not so bad. It gets a lot of the "elements" right - the theme, the fonts used in titles, and S1 was once available in black & white if yoy looked for it. But the stories are mostly weaker than they should be IMHO.

mr. steak, Michael and Chris Gerhard like this.
  5. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

The worst of the Twilight Zone revivals, I think - partly because it clearly had more money and attention put into it than the previous efforts and still turned out so bad. Apart from its other issues, practically none of the episodes kept to the classic Twilight Zone formula.(And the Twilight Zone is a formulaic show; that's the way it works.)

Spastica likes this.
  6. AKA

AKA Senior Member

7. Michael

thanks I'm out...I can only imagine! the disgusting PC BS..

64FALCON and TheNightfly1982 like this.
  8. Michael

9. Michael

I loved this reboot...
    The Twilight Zone (TV Series 2002–2003) - IMDb

10. Give it a few years, there will be another inevitable reboot. Hmmm sounds like a good plot for an episode.

Spastica likes this.
  11. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

Watched 5 episodes with my new CBS subscription. All were boring and totally forgettable. Every ending had me thinking "huh" or "whatever". It did really bang you over the head with messages.

12. Michael

Agree...I can't even say what I'm thinking! lots of laughs...

13. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

14. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I agree about the 1980s reboot. To me, many of the episodes hold up as well as the ones from the original series. Among my favorites are:
    • The Once And Future King (which has one of the saddest endings of all of the Twilight Zone episodes)
    • The Card
    • Button, Button
    • The After Hours (many have said that the original was better but I think this remake was as good as the original, with a stronger and more tragic ending)
    • Upgrade

15. HGN2001

The best of the All Access TWILIGHT ZONE's wasn't one at all. It was a series called TALES FROM THE LOOP. As we watched it, we thought, "Better TWILIGHT ZONE than TWILIGHT ZONE."

16. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

17. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

LOL. That’s a BS statement designed to help the producers save face if I ever heard one. CBS owns Twilight Zone, not Peele/Kinberg. If it were that successful and the producers didn’t want to continue, then CBS simply would have hired new producers. Does anyone really believe that CBS would walk away from a show after two seasons if it were a big hit?

64FALCON, altaeria, Michael and 5 others like this.
  18. Spastica

Spastica Run aground on the floor for you....

It was a dumpster fire. Should've been canceled after the first season. No redeeming qualities whatsoever and like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, not a single one of these actually felt like a Twilight Zone.

Only semi decent episodes IMO...

Nightmare at 30k feet

Started off promising. Then it runs in place and the ending ruined it.

The Wunderkind

This really had potential as our world stumbles into a dystopic Idiocracy. Instead it's an obvious dig at Trump and they don't know what to do with the story.

Great premise yet even with an hour to work with, they can't flesh it out into a decent story.

Six Degrees of Freedom

A mission to Mars. Great. This should be interesting!

It wasn't.

Not a single episode took advantage of the length. Every story could've been told better in 15-20 minutes.

The UPN reboot...which used to be the worst....now looks like a masterpiece when compared to this tripe.

Stuart S likes this.
  19. Michael

never heard of it...was it on cable or Blu-ray?

20. Michael

agree, but we always liked the Forrest Whitaker hosting TZ.

21. Michael

not even for a Twilight Zone moment!

22. HGN2001

23. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

And blu ray.

[​IMG]

24. Michael

25. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I watched the first episode the other night and thought it was ok, but the second I switched off before the end (the switcheroo trope is so painful). Does it get better?