New UHQR by Analogue Productions/QRP - Axis: Bold as Love*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

I checked the link. Detail is for a Dido record!

Rechecked link 5 min later and its not there.

So far, a lot bs as far as I can see.

2. Gordon Johnson

Checked the eBay link again, item no longer available.

Looks and smells like bs now!

3. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I guess you’re right. I misspoke there. Sorry. At least I didn’t claim to have it, right?

Gordon Johnson likes this.
  4. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

I was thinking the Stereo UHQR might be worth owning. I might get one. But I stand by statement, the Classic Mono's emphasis is on Hendrix. This is what I want. I don't really much that Mitchell and Redding never sounded better. I'm glad that they do. But not at the expense of Jimi's brilliance. The cymbal splashes muddy up the guitars. Again it's not a bad record. I just like the Classic better. But the Clarity vinyl might help me like the Stereo version more. Again I think Clarity is the real deal. I do have some old Clarity records from Classic. But I don't have any comparison records with the same mastering. The AP Clarity is strikingly quieter than what I can recall from Classic. I might have to pull out those records to see how quiet the Classic vinyl is.

5. YEX 750-1

YEX 750-1 Long-winded Brother

The auction ended in March.

I’ve seen this one before. But as I don’t have it in my hands, I won’t ask you to take that as proof it exists.

6. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Classic definitely had some quality control issues on their standard vinyl which is a big reason I didn’t buy more in the day. I wish I’d gotten all the Zeppelin in hindsite. My copies of Kind of Blue and Dido really aren’t too quiet at all just to name a couple.

They also had an issue with dish warping which I now remedy with the Vinyl Flat devise. If these UHQRs can give us top notch quality control on some of the Classic catalog I think it may be well worth while. Meanwhile, I would recommend the UHQR stereo without hesitation. It’s pricey, of course, but will soon be gone ostensibly for good.

7. Gordon Johnson

I'd be really happy to find that this does exist, something I could maybe chase up but not on the back of the tenuous showing so far!

I'd want to see the original listing for the sale for one and / or the actual album. Then and only then will I give this claim a second thought.

So far, an ebay listing that showed up three different ways in less than half an hour! A discogs listing [fc

8. lawz

lawz Well-Known Member

just take it easy, no one's forcing you to believe in anything. :)

9. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

My credit card was one of those that had expired. They sent me an email to update my card. I called them to update the expiration date and my order was shipped out right away.

ODShowtime and sonofjim like this.
  10. Gordon Johnson

Nor am I being convinced :cool:, forced or otherwise.

11. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Yes, this has to be anticipated when a release takes this long to materialize. I would hope in the future they account for this and notify their customers.

12. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

That is exactly what they are doing.

13. There's a handful that have sold on Ebay in the past. It appears they were test pressings or part of the Michael Hobson archives. They do exist.

14. Piero

Piero Forum Resident

All is correct:C.R. never pressed and iussed this title on Clarity vinyl but did only TP,the same with Band of Gipsy.
    Kind of Blue was realized on Clarity,Tubular Bells was realized on Clarity only 25 numbered copies,Zappa Hot Rats on Clarity only 10 numbered copies.
    "themusic23" sold same Axis bold as love TP on Clarity.
    Now is selling all the Michael Hobson archives.

izgoblin and Gordon Johnson like this.
  15. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

They failed to notify me x 2. Even after I updated the card for the mono they once again declined it when my stereo was ready to ship. Maybe they’re getting their act more together now.

16. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Gotcha. The rep I talked to specifically mentioned this as a reason things are being delayed even though it didn't even apply to me.

17. Gordon Johnson

Now we're getting g somewhere. The Hobson records will be numbered, 1 of 5. The short run should have a number too, if not and they have a sleeve then most likely a TP, 1 of 20.

So, 25 in total? Or another few if a short run included.

Still, never issued.

18. AlexDelarge

AlexDelarge Forum Resident

19. John D.

John D. Senior Member

OK, just ignore it then.

izgoblin likes this.
  20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Are you sure you didnt just take a sticker off of another clarity vinyl album?

I dont know, Im with Jordon Johnson on this. Looks suspicious!

:nyah:

izgoblin and AlexDelarge like this.
  21. AlexDelarge

AlexDelarge Forum Resident

22. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

OK. Pretty cool. I’m afraid about the last thing I need is another pricey copy of this album though.

23. dachada

dachada Senior Member

So this Clarity at the end is a very obscure pressing?

24. Gordon Johnson

Took a bit of time but we got there in the end, nothing issued (as I said originally) and test press to all intent (as originally stated).

These things always crop up.

Value? 115 USD, sealed. Now all we need is someone who actually bothered to buy to play.

25. A search of Popsike shows that handful of these have sold on Ebay. It appears that these were test pressings or part of batch for Michael Hobson. One description said it was numbered 5/5. Bring that there's 16 listings on Popsike, the 5/5 seems a bit off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.