New Version of the Beatles ‘Let it Be’ Film to be Released!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mickey2, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

That's EXACTLY my point here.

We're getting more Let it Be than ever, and some people cannot just stop complaining no matter what. It's hilarious :crazy::laughup:

John DeAngelis and Ern like this.
  2. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

ODIrony likes this.
  3. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

But George did have the Boyd beat, but then Eric picked up on that beat.
    [​IMG]

4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Mo love, mo good wishes, ... mo sweet kisses.

planckera and dewey02 like this.
  5. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

6. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Very exciting. Can't wait to see this film. Wonder how different it will be to the original, which I confess I have never seen.
    Seems that Ringo is not that impressed with Michael LH either.
    I have a lot of confidence that Peter Jackson will be able to pull off a triumph. Seems that Ringo is believing that too, that we get to see a film more true to the nature of the men that made this band so extraordinary.

Cristiano Cortellazzi likes this.
  7. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

There's a bit of a; 'We WERE a happy gang making these final albums'-theme going on. Well, at least I think will be more watchable than the original , I think....

8. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Yeah, I don’t want them to rewrite history here. It’s okay to have disharmony amongst the group, they didn’t have to be the all-smiling Beatles from the early years all the way through to the end. Of course, they know better than I do what the actual feeling was like amongst them all in those days, but keep it honest is all I ask.

9. shmuckler

shmuckler Forum Resident

It's been the vibe in the ahem academical circles years ago. Also anyone who listen to the nagra tapes can confirm, it was not all that bad as depicted in the movie.

10. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I’d still like to see the original untouched as I’ve never seen the whole thing either, bit worried what might happen to it after that documentary that Ron Howard got hold of, are they still planning to screen the original? I read they were when it was first announced.

A Blu Ray of the original and new doc in the same set would be fantastic.

11. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

What are you waiting for? It's "out there"

qtrules and ronbow like this.
  12. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

How can something that was filmed not be honest??

13. slane

slane Forum Resident

See the new Dylan Rolling Thunder doc... ;)

fer2, arnt, geekzapoppin and 9 others like this.
  14. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

You can't be serious.

Film can be edited to present just about any point of view the editor chooses. Honesty has very little to do with it.

BeatleJWOL, dewey02, Buddybud and 7 others like this.
  15. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

Doesn't matter. If it's filmed, it happened. How do you know the original Let it Be wasn't edited to show the band in a worse light?

16. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

....but why would somebody do that? Maybe the original filmmaker was a bit impressed by the atmosphere of these first sessions; a cold and dark space, lots of talking about 'what to do next' and a lot of 'casual' music making. Had he focused more on the Rooftop Concert, the result might have been a bit more upbeat...

17. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

MLH didn't have access to digital technology, possibly not every tracked recording and possibly not all of the nagra tapes. Not defending the final product-I personally think it is drab and badly edited.

I really think this will be much different and I also still believe the audio will be partially frankenstein-ed to maximize the feeling of the music-see Don't Let Me Down on 1+.

This will bring on another fab resurgence not seen since Anthology.

18. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

more anvil!!!!!

ZippyPippy and Billy Budapest like this.
  19. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

I think that's a very naive attitude. It could only approach "honest" if the film were completely unedited and the cast were unaware of the cameras. Any editing skews the depiction of the events by definition.

Do you think "Help" was "honest"? Do you think political propaganda films are honest? Late night TV ads for hot pouty girls that are waiting just to talk to you?? Operators are standing by!

20. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Yeah but not officially or in the same quality as the new one will be.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  21. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

I’m sure it did say with the announcement in January that the original would also be released, so you’ll have your chance to see it.

Edit: Just captured this from the press release:

Following the release of this new film, a restored version of the original Let It Be movie directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg will also be made available

Sidewinder43, Carl80 and Zeki like this.
  22. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

See the above post....nothing to worry about. Just like the original mixes of Pepper and the WA, it will always be there.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  23. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

That's what I've said all along - that ML Hogg was trying to make a arty, brooding film. Listen to any of the audio outtakes and there's fun and humor (nearly) everywhere. You sure wouldn't know it from watching the original film.

I'm very excited for the new film. I have no doubt it will show a more balanced account of what actually happened. I think there will be laughs, some tension and a great deal of fun when they're actually performing music.

wgb113, Who Cares, Yovra and 4 others like this.
  24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Hold on now. I agree with political propaganda films not being honest. But in my experience, I have never met a hot pouty girl who was dishonest. That's where I must draw a line.

Now where did I put my credit card? ;)

25. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Thanks for posting that. It was good to see Ringo excited about the footage that he saw. He usually is not so willing to discuss Beatle things, especially compared to Paul (who is now the de facto Beatle spokesperson). I hope the Peter Jackson film is done as well as Ringo thinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.