New Vincent Hybrid Integrated Amp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rockin_since_58, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Reckon that could go loud.:D Not heard of them.... will take a look now.:laughup:

rockin_since_58 likes this.
  2. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident Thread Starter

dere is a link to manufacturers page: BIC America - Top Rated Since 1973

Andy Saunders likes this.
  3. Andy Saunders

rockin_since_58 likes this.
  4. Andy Saunders

Chaps, by accident l found that after market vibration control really helps the Vincent well worthwhile.:)

Agitater likes this.
  5. rockin_since_58

Please provide details on what you did.

6. bradleyc

bradleyc Forum Resident

Amazon is blowing out BIC America RTR-EV15 Eviction Series floor speakers for $198.99 US each, with free shipping. How can a dealer compete with that price?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  7. bradleyc

bradleyc Forum Resident

I would like to try out a set of these, but no place left to use them. Already have an extra pair of Klipsch RF-3II‘s sitting idle.

8. rockin_since_58

These are my primary system speakers and quite impressive.

bradleyc likes this.
  9. bradleyc

bradleyc Forum Resident

High-efficiency horn speakers can really shine with the right gear such as yours. They can be brutally honest which is desirable with a good system upstream. Glad to hear you’re enjoying your new Vincent with those incredible bang for the buck speakers!

10. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I don’t know what the other fellow did, but I can tell you that Vibropods work wonders. I bought some used here recently and liked them so much I quickly bought a couple more sets of four for $24 per pack at Amazon. I’ve been using Herbie’s Tall Tenderfeet which cost twice as much and the Vibropods beat them in positive sonic effect. At $24 for a set of four certainly worth trying IMHO, just buy the right set to support the weight of the Vincent.

11. moops

moops Senior Member

12. Andy Saunders

It certainly is a superb amp! Had mine since August 18 and l am sure it is still improving in sound- a bit of a giant killer l reckon.:edthumbs:
    l put a 10mm MDF platform which has glass bonded to it.... 30mm Sorbothane feet..... will be investigating other forms of isolation that is for sure.:edthumbs:

moops likes this.
  13. Andy Saunders

I have outed the MDF platform and instead replaced the standard feet ( which are not up to much to say the least) and have replaced them with Soundcare Superspikes ( the equipment version) and have experienced a nice uplift in sound, look cool- well pleased.:D

14. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

Hey gang, fellow 237mk (silver) lover here. It's funny, Amazon did the same to me 1 yr ago! Bought the silver, recieved the black. I didn't have the smarts to ask for some $$ off for the exchange troubles though (D'oh!!)
    Anywho, what is everyone using for a power cable on the Vincent? I was thinking of upgrading from the stock cord, since I keep reading about how nice power cables can really make great gear shine even brighter (not that the 237 could even use any extra "brightness" at all :winkgrin:)
    I ask since I assume components' synergy would still apply in this case... So I'd fear not hearing much of a difference due to a failed blind-choice of component matching, rather than the idea being the dreaded snake oil...

Thanx in advance!

15. Andy Saunders

I have used Nordost Vishnu, a Furutech model ( cables and connectors) and a Mark Grant cable, all to good effect and yes they all sound different.:hide:

TongueDruid likes this.
  16. rockin_since_58

This is what I am using on my SV237 MK: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L2SBWKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Andy Saunders and TongueDruid like this.
  17. TongueDruid

Thanks guys, I'll look into those tonight for sure. Did any of those provide an obvious difference heard over the stock cord?

18. rockin_since_58

I didn't hear any difference and didn't expect to.

TongueDruid likes this.
  19. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

This is what I use on my Vincent power amp.

Power Oval 2 MK II - Analysis Plus

I've used these two on my Vincent preamp

Ten Plus — American Series - Triode Wire Labs

Electra 7 Power Conditioning Cords – Wireworld Cable Technology Store

And yes ...the sound did improve with all of them....the SV_237 being an integrated amp with preamp built in, really needs a very good power cord. I wouldn't recommend any awg 12 and upward for the SV_237 because the power amp is in the same box. If you want the best out of it, start with great power cords 10 awg on down to 8.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    TongueDruid and moops like this.
  20. Slippers-on

Not being mean but these cords are not really hi end at all. I purchase one of his cords off Amazon but I got the red one. I'm not surprised you didn't hear an improvement in sound. It's just off the shelf 10 awg wire wrapped in a nice sleeve with plugs. I knew exactly what I was getting with His cable...I didnt purchase it for listening to 2 channel music, but purchased it to get better current on my Yamaha home theater reciever which these cords are good for...not for a 2 channel rig.

21. rockin_since_58

No offense taken... I am just not a believer that an A/C power cord can make a difference in sound. Maybe my ears are too old to notice a difference :(

22. Slippers-on

You and I are about the same age. But no biggie. As long as you enjoy the music and are satisfied, that's what's important.:agree:

23. moops

moops Senior Member

My 237 is up and running, and I'm loving it. And going against what many seem to do, I'm keeping the stock tubes running. I've no issues whatsoever with what I'm hearing. I've a sneaky suspicion after reading that interview with the amp's designer Frank Blohbaum, that those 6N1P-EV tubes were specifically chosen as part of the amp's design, and messing around with equivalents too much may mess with the amp's mojo, anyway just a theory. The 12AX7B I presume is a Shuguang. The build quality of this amp is fantastic.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  24. Slippers-on

The only thing you should change soon is the power cord for a really great 10 awg power cord.

25. TongueDruid

Thanks for the input! Unfortunately I'd be looking to spend 1/2 of what that Power Oval costs. I only need a 2' or 3' run, say around $250 tops... Are there any specific cords in that range you personally know will make a good audible difference?
    Thanks again for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.