Newbury Comics 20% off Oct 22-23

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by cdash99, Oct 22, 2022.

1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

Thank you! Lots on sale priced LPs in store, then 20% in addition.

3. cdash99

Between RSD and the various boxes coming out in the next few weeks they need to create shelf space.

4. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I got the text but didn’t get a chance to get there.Anybody score some rare records or CDs?I was trying to save for the few things I want being released soon.

5. cdash99

When the % off includes sales items you can score some good deals. Last April's Grateful Dead RSD release that stickered for $145 and marked down to $100 could have been had for $80 with the additional discount. I skipped that particular item, but it's how I approach these sales.

steveharris likes this.
  6. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I got the entire vinyl version of the Elton John Jewel Box -- all nine LP's of it-- for $65. Wild!

mrjinks likes this.
  7. cdash99

Great deal. Both Newbury and Bull Moose have been discounting those vinyl sets, especially the the Deep Cuts and This Is Me collections.

bRETT likes this.
  8. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

They've all been sitting at Newburys for awhile. I think Deep Cuts was down to $40, Rarities was 25 and This is Me was 15, then the discount on top.

9. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

... and 20% off everything again this weekend - online only! November 12-13, excludes sales items.

10. cdash99

For those on Newbury's email list that live within driving distance of a B&M location, they're offering 20% off vinyl in store through Sunday the 8th. You only need to show them the email on your phone, no printout necessary.

11. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

that figures. I bought some vinyl today in store but haven’t received the email yet, so I paid full price.

12. bt1098

bt1098 Forum Resident

Found my email and hitting the NH Comics. Found a few RSD releases cheap including the two GD Lyceum boxes for $80 each after discount, and NO tax to boot. Also picked up Pearl Jam Live on Two LegsRSD for $20.

superstar19 likes this.
  13. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

14. cdash99

Old story for NE natives shopping in store. You need to wait until they move items to the sale bins.

Maurice and Davidmk5 like this.
  15. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, even during there biggest sales you'll see at least a few priced like that.. They sometimes do it in the opposite direction as well where they will slash the price of some good albums so I guess you have to take the bad with the good.

16. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

It’s never worth buying new. In recent years I’ve gotten some stellar records for cheap from their sale bin (recent example is Turrentine tone poet for $20) but more often than not you walk away from the store empty handed.

Davidmk5 likes this.