Newbury Comics 20% off online orders till 6/13/19

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Bill Mac, Jun 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident Thread Starter

PhantomStranger likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I've checked then twice since the sale started, for 4 different titles I want, and they have none of them. All roads always lead me back to Acoustic Sounds. Newbury's biggest deal these days is colored vinyl, the latest thing for hipsters, and collectors.
    Even a recent thread had way more attention to the visual, than the sound, than I ever would've expected on this forum.

Strat-Mangler and floyd like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

every time i get mildly excited about one of their sales, i check the site and see the ridiculous prices of their exclusives and unnecessarily high shipping cost.

their pressing of robert plant & alison krauss' "raising sand" is top-tier, however. pity i can't really see myself going for anything else.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  4. Myke

Interesting. It also uses Kevin Gray's cut, as does a "sand colored" version, being sold exclusively by Cracker Barrel. We have 2 copies at our local location. $29.99, too steep for me, as I've never been a big fan of the album.

Robert Plant | Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It seems like their on-line inventory isn’t remotely reflective of their in-store inventory.

And at least some prices seem higher on-line. I looked to check the price of something last night (thinking I might order it at 20% off) which I had seen in-store recently and it was - voila - 20% higher.

6. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Any info whatsoever on the source of this LP? It seems like it's never been released on vinyl before so I'm wondering if the source will be a high-res file or actual master tapes of the show.

7. Myke

It was released on peach-colored vinyl, also by Newbury, in 2015. The source was the soundboard.

The Allman Brothers Band - American University Washington, D.C. 12/13/70

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.