Nick Cave releasing a 7LP B-side volume I and II box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by karmapolice, Aug 19, 2021.

1. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident Thread Starter

hope this gets picked up in US so cheaper for us yanks...

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: B-Sides & Rarities Part II will be released on Double Vinyl, Double CD and Streaming on 22 October.

The album was compiled by Warren Ellis and Nick Cave and includes 27 rare and unreleased tracks from 2006 to 2020.

B-Sides & Rarities Part I and Part II will also be released together as a Limited Edition Deluxe 7LP Box Set.

B-Sides and Rarities Part I was compiled by Mick Harvey.

B-Sides & Rarities (Part I & II)

AaronW, Gonzo-a-gogo and Wild Frank like this.
  2. I ordered the full two volume LP set from the UK as box sets don't last long. The bought first CD volume from many years ago. Looking forward to a full vinyl set.

sbeaupre, sennj and Neonbeam like this.
  3. eetu

eetu Forum Resident

Is the 7-lp box-set exclusive to the Nick Cave store? After Brexit is expensive to order from the UK to the EU, so I rather avoid it if I can.

apb and CDlover like this.
  4. lildroogie

lildroogie Well-Known Member

wow, not cheap. Gonna wait a little bit to see if more info comes out about whether it'll be available without Brexit pricing/shipping... If anyone learns anything beyond their own theories, please post.

5. Vapour

Vapour Forum Resident

The 7-LP box is listed as a limited edition, but no mention of being exclusive to the Nick Cave store. A must-have for me, so will be searching over the next few days to see if it appears on other websites. Shipping to me was £41 on the Nick Cave webstore which I'd prefer not to pay.

6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

[​IMG]
    Im pretty sure it will be available elsewhere, hopefully. Nice that they will release this on vinyl too, even the boxset that consists of both volumes. I think the booklet wasn't mentioned much at all yet, no number of pages just "exclusive sleeve-notes".
    Interesting really and all of this was something I wasn't quite expecting to be re-released (I only have the the original B-Sides & Rarities on original cd-set and the remastered-set) maybe have to think of getting the vinyl-set.

Mylene likes this.
  7. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Sold out? Already? Is this annoying or unbelievable? Probably both....

8. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

7-LP box now showing as sold out on his site. Glad I jumped on this first thing this morning. $250 USD hurts, but I'll love this set for years...

zwolo likes this.
  9. zwolo

zwolo Forum Resident

Nick cave and Debbie Harry....ok!

10. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yep, well have to wait and see if this will be sold at normal record stores. Hopefully so.

Neonbeam likes this.
  11. Neonbeam

Most likely. Because I'm totally not paying that postage.

12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

How much would that be? And also if dispatching from UK, taxes and such things..

13. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Neonbeam likes this.
  14. Neonbeam

Somebody said £41? And, yep, plus whatever ze Tschörmän post decides to put on top. :crazy:

15. Neonbeam

Those Dutch dealers never fail to amaze me! :righton: Now I'm pretty positive this will come to other stores as well.

16. eetu

eetu Forum Resident

It’ll be available somewhere else. How many copies might have sold? 500? 1000 tops? I don’t think that would cover the costs of producing such a set.

Neonbeam likes this.
  17. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I got the email too but wanted to think about it...LMAO. I'm hoping it shows up at some U.S. outlets. I still have two titles to add to complete the reissue campaign. I had to slowly hunt down the EU pressings because many of the US pressing were pressed at United.

18. Rob Byrne

Rob Byrne British, music lover

I missed the online order too, but this is definitely going to be available through other retailers here in the UK. Revolution Records in Walsall have announced on Facebook that they’re stocking it, so I’m sure it will be listed in other places very soon :)

19. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Rob Byrne likes this.
  20. Rimshottbob

Rimshottbob Forum Resident

Hmm, I love Nick, but I barely ever play the first B-Sides collection. I just have it as a curio. For me it doesn't have repeated listening appeal. This is about £100 more than I'd be willing to pay for the vinyl, haha.... ah, well, I'll have a listen digitally when it comes out.

johnnybrum likes this.
  21. obi

obi Forum Resident

That's why I always buy collections of things like b-sides, outtakes or demos as CD. For me, vinyl is for albums I want to play from beginning to end.

22. Rimshottbob

Rimshottbob Forum Resident

Yeah, good call. I may well end up going that route with this one.

EDIT: I also always found the artwork and design of Vol.1 (and the new one) beyond dull! Haha... so there's to factor in as well.

johnnybrum likes this.
  23. obi

obi Forum Resident

Yeah, It's quite boring.

Rimshottbob likes this.
  24. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

So was Skeleton Tree artwork , God awful so there is a pattern

25. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Its not sold out now - just put 2 in a cart and it let me go through to (almost) paying for them