Nick Lowe Getting Six New Deluxe Reissues From Yep Roc Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mlew, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

2. JulesDassin

JulesDassin Forum Resident In Memoriam

Its like a Wishing Well ! I pre-ordered them all except Party of One (which I have the original cd) and somehow amazon still only has the Rose Of England available to pre- order as an mp3 how come no cd ? Amazon.com: The Rose of England: Nick Lowe: Music

3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

4. Cambot

Cambot Forum Resident

The lunch box is so silly, though.

(...secretly pre-orders lunchbox)

Malina, dirtymac, dougb222 and 5 others like this.
  5. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

Gettin em all! Finally!!

6. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that.

I'm in for the lunchbox bundle. And definitely in for Vic Anesini's involvement.

7. I already own Nick The Knife and The Rose Of England on vinyl, but I'll get the other 4. Finally filling a gap in my Nick Lowe collection.

highway chile likes this.
  8. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

I just gave a bunch of my Nick Lowe records from this reissue lot a listen and found that the pressings were all over the place in terms of sonics. The Abominable Showman sounded like the bottom end was completely cut off and my Japanize Cowboy Outfit was horrible sounding, like they pressed it through a tin cup. I.ve read in other thread that the previous reissues did the best they could with the source materials...but I am wondering if I should seek out some of the UK.EU F-Beat releases as they are fairly cheap. All of my Nick Lowe (except the one from Japan) records are Columbia US releases.

9. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I presume these will come out on Proper in the UK, but there's no news on their or Nick's websites

10. Cambot

Cambot Forum Resident

I'm afraid I'm gonna somehow wind up with TWO lunch boxes.

longdist01 likes this.
  11. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Bearing in mind that audiophile sonics were not really part of Nick's agenda ;), I have a U.K. F-Beat of Abominable Showman that sounds pretty good. I've got a US Columbia lp and U.K. Demon cd of Cowboy Outfit and they don't sound too different to me. Not a well recorded album, but not as bad as you make the Japanese lp sound, so maybe you can do better. Someone in another thread somewhere once mentioned that the U.K. pressing of Pinker and Prouder sounds better than the US. I've got the US and I sure hope it does :laugh:

I have a US Columbia, German F-Beat and Yep Roc reissue of Seconds of Pleasure. I've never gotten around to directly comparing them, but none are a sonic revelation on their own.

melstapler likes this.
  12. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

I'm not hoping for any audiophile Sonics but wanted to see if looking for the F-Beat stuff was worth my time. Or perhaps wait for these reissues...Im not a big fan of digital pressed reissues so I might nab a few originals and see how they sound.

13. JulesDassin

John Porcellino likes this.
  14. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Is there a listing of the bonus tracks any where??

melstapler likes this.
  15. Jason Michael

Jason Michael Senior Member

melstapler and Juggsnelson like this.
  16. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

Oh my, at the very least I'll have to get the Cowboy Outfit CDs.

That said, I'd rather they reissue the Doings box set.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  17. Chazzbo13

Chazzbo13 Forum Resident

Just got the download today!! 320mbps mpegs...a quick selective listen across the albums indicates good consistency...I know digital is anathema to some, I'm just happy to have the material available again...looking forward to the hard copies when they arrive...

JulesDassin likes this.
  18. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

The demo for Heart was also on Wilderness Years, unless this is another demo. In any case, the demo is so similar to the version he released that it's almost a carbon copy.
    For me, all that's worth getting is cowboy outfit, which is fine by me. Love Like a Glove is a classic. And his cover of One of Those is one of his most rocking post Rockpile tracks.

I was hoping for a release of Little Cat or Is It You, but no such luck..............

JulesDassin likes this.
  19. JulesDassin

The mailman just delivered Nick The Knife & The Abominable Snowman cds , it been probably 25 years since I last listened to the lps. packaging is bare bones digipak not at all like the really nice cardboard packaging of The Jesus Of Cool. SQ sounds pretty decent so far on my closed cans, I'm waiting for the neighbors to leave to blast on my main system with my sub...what great memories these two album bring back from 35 years ago. !

longdist01 and Chazzbo13 like this.
  20. TheLoveDrags

TheLoveDrags Forum Resident

My "I. Showman" CD has all 3 live tracks from the "My Heart Hurts" single, although only 2 are listed and they also don't go in the order as listed.
    The digital file they sent me only has the 2 listed and in the order listed on the CD.

21. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

Are the LPs shipping?

Saul Pimon likes this.
  22. Chazzbo13

Chazzbo13 Forum Resident

23. John Porcellino

John Porcellino Forum Resident

I hope so, that record is as crucial as his first two solos. Some of the Wilderness Years tracks have appeared on the recent reissues, but there's a lot that haven't and they're great!

JulesDassin likes this.
  24. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

Have those two ever been "deluxed" ?

25. Chazzbo13

Chazzbo13 Forum Resident

Yes..each within the last 5 years or so...JoC is a 2 disc set...Labour still a single, but a handful of bonus tracks...

Christopher B likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.