Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets 2022-23 Echoes Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RaceBannon, Oct 27, 2021.

1. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just stumbled upon a local radio station announcement that Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets band is touring North America again in 2022, called The Echoes Tour! Tickets go on sale this Friday and next Friday.

I saw 2 shows on the inaugural tour in 2019, and it was awesome. Obviously they are adding Echoes to the setlist which will be very cool. Will be interesting to see what other changes are made for this tour. Automatic attend for me!

Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets

2. RaceBannon

There are European dates on the website also.

3. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Floyd

already being discussed here (although after the long hiatus a fresh start for the new tour is not a bad idea.)
    Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets

[​IMG]

Nick Mason 2022 Tour Dates:

01/18 — Toronto, ON @ Massey Hall
    01/19 - Montreal, QC @ Théâtre Saint-Denis 1
    01/21 — Boston, MA @ Shubert Theatre Boch Center
    01/22 — Providence, RI @ Providence Performing Arts Center
    01/24 — Port Chester, NY @ The Capitol Theatre
    01/25 — Philadelphia, PA @ Merriam Theater
    01/26 — Pittsburgh, PA @ Benedum Center
    01/28 — New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
    01/30 — Washington, DC @ The Anthem

02/01 — Cincinnati, OH @ Music Hall
    02/02 — Akron, OH @ Akron Civic Theatre
    02/04 — Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theatre
    02/06 — Milwaukee, WI @ Riverside Theater
    02/08 — St. Louis, MO @ Stifel Theatre
    02/09 — Memphis, TN @ Cannon Center
    02/10 — Kansas City, MO @ Muriel Kauffman Theatre
    02/12 — Grand Prairie, TX @ Texas Trust CU Theatre at Grand Prairie
    02/15 — Denver, CO @ Paramount Theatre
    02/17 — Phoenix, AZ @ Orpheum Theatre
    02/18 — Los Angeles, CA @ The Orpheum Theatre
    02/21 — San Diego, CA @ Balboa Theatre
    02/23 — Sacramento, CA @ Memorial Auditorium
    02/24 — Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
    02/26 — Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre
    02/27 — Spokane, WA @ First Interstate Center for the Arts
    02/28 — Vancouver, BC @ The Orpheum

no Portland OR.
    (nor, of course, Honolulu) :shake::cry::sigh:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  4. RaceBannon

Well, nuts, I even did the search function first and that thread was buried on the list and didn't check to see if the new tour was being discussed, so assumed it was just the old one.

I have no problem merging this into it, although my title is more specific to this tour.

5. We should keep this as a separate thread for a week or two, so more casual fans here can notice the thread-title here, and know to consider getting tickets!!

WhatDoIKnow, pexie and cwitt1980 like this.
  6. RaceBannon

Well, dammit, guess I'll have to try this again :realmad:
    Posted this in the old thread but hopefully people are checking this one re new tour dates

Anyone have a presale PW for the StL or KC shows!??? I looked on KSHE site and nothing. Both in nice theaters at Stifel and Kauffman.

7. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

I have no idea how this presale works. I've seen two different pre-sale codes for Orpheum Theater. Neither of them worked.

What am I missing? Is this like an American Express exclusive type thing?

8. RaceBannon

I got tix to both Kansas City and StLouis. The presale PW were different for each venue. Thankfully the Kauffman Center in KC sent an email with the PW because I had bought from them before. The StL one I didn't know so just took a few stabs at guesses, and hit the jackpot w ECHOES!

Tix seem more expensive for comparable seats than last tour, and unfortunately while I got good tix, not quite as good as 2019. They also have a lot more of the nice center section seats reserved for those darn expensive VIP packages.

9. Paul Gase

I received two passwords from two different emails I received and neither worked. Frustrated. One of them was ECHOES

10. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

Going to try and get tickets for the Seattle show. Hopefully it wont be a crazy quick sale.

11. RaceBannon

Did you check the venue website and twitter feed?

12. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

The Denver passcode is seeemilyplay

I missed the first tour and am excited they're coming around again.

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  13. Paul Gase

I got a email from Orpheum with a link and password FEARLESS.

I got email from the Vogue Museum where I just attended PF Their Mortal Remains and they sent a link for tickets to the show with the password ECHOES.

Maybe I should enter every PF starting in 1967…

14. Paul Gase

Called the Orpheum Theater and surprisingly they picked up! Apparently the passcodes were wrong. it is ORPHEUM for the 2/18/22 show at Orpheum Theater DTLA.

15. RaceBannon

Glad it worked out for you.

For the KC show, the venue didn't send out their email with the password until a half hour AFTER the presale started! Some of these places have employees with their heads up their AStrominy Domines.....

Rooster_Ties and Paul Gase like this.
  16. Paul Gase

The woman on the phone from Orpheum was shaking her head. I wasn’t the only one calling

17. Chop

Chop Forum Resident

I regretted not seeing this show on the first run. Then I heard the Live at the Roundhouse disc. Hate to say that I'm not crazy about it. Mostly because the vocals I guess. That guy singing Fearless and Green in the Color is just not cutting for me. See Emily Play, Childhood's End, others - same.

Anyone else? I mean, has anyone here seen the band and thought they were better than they sound on the Roundhouse cd? Or would you say that the disc is a fair representation of the proceedings? Does the "magic" of just being there compensate for the shortcomings at all?

I know this is completely a "to each his own" thing. I'm just curious if anyone else has the same misgivings. I really want to love this but, I just don't.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  18. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

I thought they were staggeringly good. One of the best concerts I've seen in many a year. I already have my tickets for when they return to Scotland.

I have never bothered listening to the Roundhouse CD as these things never sound like they do on the night.

And, if I wanted to hear these songs at home, would I not just be reaching for my Floyd CDs anyway?

bobloblaw, Mr. Bewlay and Chop like this.
  19. Chop

Chop Forum Resident

Good point. It was good to check the cd just for the heck of it. I have enjoyed the Gilmour and Waters solo live records so I was hoping for a similar experience.

Super glad to hear that you dug it so much though. This is exactly the kind of reply I was hoping for. I'll probably go lol.

Thanks.

20. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

I also thought show was amazing….went in not expecting much…

the combination of the early Floyd , the visuals and musicianship made for a great night….my friend with me felt the same way

supernaut and Chop like this.
  21. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

I would agree that the vocals are the weak link. I think they handled the Barrett and Waters tracks very well but Gary Kemp certainly can't compete with Gilmour... I remember Guy's take on "The Nile Song" being very good, on the other hand (it's known that he used to tell David that Pink Floyd should play that song, which Gilmour no-no'd), but on the Roundhouse show I find him overdoing it a bit, same goes for the antics on "Lucifer Sam".

But Pink Floyd were a very instrumental-focused band in that era. Tracks like Interstellar Overdrive, Astronomy Domine, Set the Controls, Saucerful, One of these Days, AHM, OBC/WYI... all entirely or largely instrumental, and the way they're playing with the source material is just wonderful. They're actually taking risks. Both Gary and Lee are capable of some spectacular guitar playing. I think Lee was the one who wowed me more often but really, they are both having a ball with these tracks.

Dom Beken was perhaps the one left in the most problematic position simply because he doesn't have the vintage equipment. Hammering onto a synth is just not the same as thrashing into an acoustic piano ("Saucerful") and the old organs also had certain textures that you can't entirely replicate. But that's when I'm putting my critical hat on.

I haven't seen Roger but I did see The Australian Pink Floyd Show and I much preferred Nick's SOS show to that, because it was not a slavish recreation, rather an homage involving a couple of people deeply connected to the music.

22. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

Got my tickets for the Seattle show. I must say, they weren't cheap but how many times will one be able to see Nick Mason live? I have the Roundhouse show on vinyl and I think they sound amazing. I'm not as familiar with pre-Meddle Floyd and frankly the Syd-era was and still is my least favorite of the band, but hearing that live album gave me a new appreciation of early Floyd and I have since gone back and listened to it all and even bought the massive Early Years boxset as a result! Looking forward to seeing the show in person.

Jules HKG and Leugi like this.
  23. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

It appears these tickets are non-transferrable? What a pain. Hopefully it's just temporary.

24. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

That Early Years may just be the indisputable King of Box Sets.

25. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

It definitely is pretty thorough.