Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets: Live at the Roundhouse DVD/Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jɑmbo, Jan 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

To save people having to search for the explanation:
    ---
    Based on some social comments concerning the release date of Live At The Roundhouse changing, the band, and Sony Music, wanted to offer some further clarification of the reasons:

- At such extraordinary times they want to do all they can to help, prioritising post / deliveries for vital supplies & limiting interaction for these very important delivery workers to ensure everyone's safety
    - Sony's main warehouse has been placed on lockdown with no date confirmed for re-opening so they cannot complete the manufacture, or supply stock, on this or indeed any other Sony release currently
    - Music retailers, particularly small, independent stores, will be hit hard by these closures and we want to support them by issuing this at a time where each store can be open for customers. Additionally to this, Amazon has informed all record companies non-essential products like CDs and DVDs will not be prioritised and may not be shipped

At this difficult time we want to support our fans, and the wider public, and safeguard their health. We are planning to release some more new full song videos digitally for you all to enjoy starting this week so stay tuned for further details and most importantly, stay safe.

2. supermd

supermd Senior Member

That's fair.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

I see iTunes has released Green Is the Colour. I would assume streaming sites will have it soon if not now.

StormCloud, longdist01 and rontoon like this.
  4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Enjoying this, Gary, Guy and band sounds awesome! Thanks Nick & band.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Apparently not everyone was informed about the delayed release date because at least one streaming service uploaded the audio for the live concert by mistake but had it quickly taken down. Apparently not too quickly because Lee asked me if I was fast enough to grab it while it was available which made me laugh. :laugh:

6. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

That begs the question: did you (grab it)?

7. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Nope.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  8. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Really sucks knowing we should have had this almost two weeks ago. Oh well.

longdist01, Big Pasi and serj like this.
  9. Choba b CCCP

Choba b CCCP Forum Resident

So has it been released already?

10. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Not fully. Apple Music has the album listed but the only tracks playable are Fearless and Green is the Colour. The other tracks are greyed out and will presumably become playable on the official release date.

Choba b CCCP likes this.
  11. Mr.Mustache

Mr.Mustache Forum Resident

Amazon music has these tracks and "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" also.

~dave~~wave~ and Sevoflurane like this.
  12. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

Denmark '18

It's coming .. be patient,, and stay healthy

13. triply

triply Forum Resident

Having just sampled GitC and Fearless, I have to admit that this really isn't my cup of tea. I love the setlist and seeing Nick Mason sitting at the centre, drumming away, is reassuring. However, I did not care much for the way the songs are sung.

Being a Floyd completist, I will buy this and watch it, but with a lot less enthusiasm than I initially had.

14. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

The lives show were great, looking forward to this. Saw them in ATL andmit was great

15. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

You'll never get the original vocalist(s), after all, one of them is dead.

I thought the vocalists did a good and faithful job. The idea that any member of Pink Floyd would play any of these songs in 2019 was an outlandish ambition a few years ago, yet, here we are with Nick (and Guy) playing a set exclusively of 1966-1972 era material, at affordable prices in small venues, and somehow that isn't something to get enthusiastic about? I don't get it.

Azza200, tedhead, Big Pasi and 17 others like this.
  16. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

I love that they aren't trying to imitate the original vocals, but still remain faithful to them. This is still my most anticipated release of the year by far.

Azza200, rontoon, fishyboots and 5 others like this.
  17. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Syd or Rick?

Choba b CCCP likes this.
  18. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Never thought I'd see See Emily Play, Lucifer Sam, Point Me at the Sky etc. played by any Floyd member... let alone played this well. I was amazed when I first read about the project, amazed when I heard the first YouTubes, amazed when I saw the first setlists, amazed when I saw the performance live, and amazed when I first heard the live album cuts.

Zero complaints. Many many thanks.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Pink Freud

My only complaint is that the “Echoes” tour had to be put on hold...

20. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

I was timing a trip to Prague to coincide with that show... so I do feel your pain.

21. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I feel your pain tickets were booked, hotels were booked, time off was booked. All now reschedule but looking likely to be rescheduled again

coffeetime likes this.
  22. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I regret missing the first Tour(Saucerful of Secrets). I would like to see the next Tour, but based on your comment wanted to ask, is this 2nd Tour being renamed ‘Echoes’? I agree with David Gilmour, who refused to play ‘Echoes’ after Rick Wright had died, as his playing was a critical part of ‘Echoes’, so while I am grateful that Nick is playing Songs from the Pink Floyd Early Albums, which Gilmour and Waters never played, I would hope that Nick would follow Gilmour’s lead and not play ‘Echoes’, as it is my Favorite Pink Floyd Song, but No Rick Wright, then No ‘Echoes’. Other PF Fans might disagree with me, but I stand with Gilmour on this one.

Since I missed the first Nick Mason Tour, the Audio and BluRay Release from that Tour is among my Top 3 anticipated Music Items released this year to buy, along with whatever Bowie Box Set we get and hoping for the Tears For Fears ‘The Seeds of Love’ Deluxe Box Set with the included Steven Wilson 5.1 and 2.0 Remix of the Album, and hopefully also lots of B-Sides, Live Versions, Alternative Versions like we got from the ‘Songs From the Big Chair’ Deluxe Box Set.

mc9 likes this.
  23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Great post, and agree it would be better to skip performing Echoes w/ Richard Wright's departure.

Also looking forward to the upcoming Blu-Ray release in a few months!

mc9 and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
  24. triply

triply Forum Resident

I was enthusiastic about it. Of course, I cannot attend the shows themselves, so my consumption would only be the Blu-ray and the CDs, both of which I have pre-ordered.

I did say that I love the setlist. However, it's just my opinion/ preference that I didn't like the performances much. I don't get what's not to get? I'm not asking anyone else to not enjoy it and am not saying this never should have happened.

25. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

I guess I can understand David Gilmour not wanting to play Echoes anymore because (I believe) Rick Wright toured with Gilmour solo a number of times, and yes he was a big part of Echoes, so I guess it's more of a tribute to RW to "not" play the song. But, DG doesn't seem to have a problem playing other Floyd songs that RW played on, so I don't have a problem with Nick Mason's band playing it, and would love to hear it myself. Personally, I don't think DG wants to play it because it's too long. Maybe he used to play it to showcase Rick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.