Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sandmountainslim1, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Yeah, for as much as I enjoyed the last Roger show, it couldn't compare to the SOS show for me.

It's funny- Floyd went from the most spontaneous improvisational live show to the least.

Of course, SOS wasn't improvising either but it was just so good to hear those songs.

Scancom, GoodKitty, Pete Puma and 2 others like this.
  2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Apparently the Saucers have added Echoes to the set.

3. Has anything fallen off the setlist as a result?

Much as I like Echoes (who doesn't?) -- even a truncated performance would have to be 10 minutes long, and that certainly adds the temptation to cut 1 (or even 2 songs) from the rest of the set-list.

I'm not sure I'd trade anything else in their entire set-list, for "Echoes" -- certainly not two songs, anyway.

Of course if I were in the hall, perhaps I might think otherwise.

rontoon likes this.
  4. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

That's really surprising. Didn't Gilmour say he would never perform that without Rick? So Nick doesn't feel the same way...

5. Ricky Lampoon

Ricky Lampoon Forum Resident

Any news on a live CD/DVD release?

I was at the Roundhouse concerts in May, where they were filming.

I thought that the release would be out by now, in time for Christmas. Maybe they are waiting for the Floyd’s Later Years set to be released (end of October).

JulesRules likes this.
  6. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

I love Echoes and would happily substitute Echoes in for some of the other tunes, but I think I would prefer no Echoes to a truncated Echoes. I always feel like I've been cheated when I hear a purposely-truncated song.

7. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

A different situation as Nick is performing everything without the original singers or writers.

Scancom and coffeetime like this.
  8. I could easily see Dave not wanting to sing those closely intertwined co-melody lines in "Echoes" with anyone else.

Also, Dave's performed it any number of times outside of the 3-man Floyd (but always with Rick), as recently as a couple dozen times in 2006 -- whereas Nick hasn't played for almost 32 years, by my count (not since 1987).

9. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

WOw. Crap. I just can't believe 1987 was 32 years ago. Can we please pump the brakes on this ride?

10. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I purchased a ticket last night for the Albert Hall can't wait to see them again and see them perform echoes as for the new DVD my guess will be a couple of months before the next lot of shows

coffeetime likes this.
  11. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

I'd love to see what Dom, Gary, Guy and Lee would bring to "Echoes". And of course, it would be really special to see Nick do his part of that Floyd live staple. Enjoy that one folks and I'll be hoping for a second U.S. tour in 2020.

Scancom and CybrKhatru like this.
  12. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

RAH looks to be sold out other than Gallery Standing.

Did you find a seat?

NunoBento likes this.
  13. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

No seats left I got a gallery ticket doesn't bother me too much as I saw them at the front at the Roundhouse this year

craigobau likes this.
  14. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

I'm pretty sure Nick was part of the 1994 tour. :)

squittolo likes this.
  15. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I have premium seats for the RAH to see the Saucers! And I'm out of the charts psyched to see Echoes! Thanks @Lee_Harris! And happy birthday ;)

16. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

I agree absolutely, the only thing worse are those goddamn Genesis medleys.

But then again, the melding of If and AHM worked brilliantly, so, even though I struggle to think of any parts of Echoes I would excise, who knows?

I'm still praying for Narrow Way part 3 of course - parts 1 and 2 would be nice but I could live without them, so how contradictory am I?

Clucking likes this.
  17. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

I really really hope they come back to the US !

18. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

... DVD!!! (please.)

zobalob and Haggis Wampovich like this.
  19. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

I thought the truncated Atom Heart Mother was wonderful, hitting all the important bases at least once....until the ending : ( Just when you expected the big power chords heralding the glorious finale, they head back into "If." A huge disappointment for me, not that I dwelled on it. The first "If" portion was lovely, and plenty. Had they completed AHM, it might've even eclipsed Saucerful for me.

(Might've....)

JulesRules and Hattipper like this.
  20. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Blu ray!

bhazen, Hattipper, MichaelCPE and 5 others like this.
  21. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Pink Floyd didn't perform "Echoes" after the first 11 or so dates of the 1987 tour, and not at all in 1994.

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  22. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

The Camden Roundhouse shows were filmed for eventual release.

bhazen likes this.
  23. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I really enjoyed their show but it was spoiled by the 'lip synching' for me :(

24. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I know, I was commenting on the request for a dvd and adding blu ray to his post

bhazen likes this.
  25. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

Ah yes, speaking specifically of Echoes. 1987 would have been Nick's last time playing it at a live gig. Gotcha.

GoodKitty and Rooster_Ties like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.