Nicolas Cage.....why does a talented actor, who had a promising start end up acting in B movies.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DeepFloyd11, Feb 25, 2017.

1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

deniro might change all that with 'the irishman".........due soon.

Paulette likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I enjoyed Nic in this...yea, to each his own...LOL.

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

speaking of cage: he had a new movie come out just this week on DVD and BD, it's called '211"........ever hear of it? me neither.

and IMDB says has 8 movies either done, or in pre and post production.

he is horrible, horrible.....and the man won an oscar.

which brings me to adrian brody.....he also has resorted to crap movie of the month roles, and he also won an oscar.

4. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident

I'm a Cage fan, always have been, from Valley Girl on. He brings an element to the screen that is all his own, whether it's a B film or otherwise. He's made his mark which is a lot more than I can say for so many others … and we don't have to hear about his F-n politics, whatever they are.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Picked up 8MM the other day.

Chris DeVoe and Malina like this.
  6. Graham

Graham Senior Member

7. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

Now worth around $25 million, Cage is taking roles left and right to help pay off his debts.

How Nicolas Cage blew $150 million on mansions, his own private island — and a real dinosaur skull

Yes I did, it gets a 6 on Rotten Tomatoes.

Ridiculous movie, but I did watch the whole thing. :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. alexpop

Knowing < another good one.

Kiko1974 and Michael like this.
  9. Michael

thanks...that was fun.

Graham likes this.
  10. Michael

Indeed...a bit depressing...but, great Nic!

11. Michael

12. I like that one,I think it's the last one good movie I saw him in. I prefer when an actor passes his prime to pass to T.V. series with good and solid scripts and fair budgets than doing B movies. An actor can excell on a good T.V. series like Spacey did on House Of Cards than doing silly forgetable movies.

alexpop likes this.
  13. alexpop

True ..a good mafia series The Godfather tv version perhaps ..
    For me think Big Daddy kick asss (2010) Eight years later aka 400 Films ... asss kicked.

14. Lt.

Lt. Forum Resident

Hey, audiophiles should love Cage, or at least the role he played in "The Rock"; remember he had a line in the movie where he claimed that "records are better" to some dolt who was giving Cage grief for spending so much on a record (I think it was a Beatles album).

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

"Meet the Beatles". IIRC, Cage's character was a dolt, because he spent $600 on a copy of it! :laugh:

F_C_FRANKLIN, budwhite and nosliw like this.
  16. Lt.

Lt. Forum Resident

Well, Hollywood would have to make the price extreme to make the point to the audience that vinyl is better, and I guess they felt that if they made the price ridiculous enough that perhaps someone in the audience might get the idea? I at least got a chuckle from the line in the movie knowing that, of course, vinyl does sound better. But all of us here know that...:D

17. alexpop

From 2000 till 2010 he made a lot of great films at least up to kick-Ass, the past eight years have been straight to the DVD bins.

Oh ..just noticed a posted a similar post.

18. Michael

LOL...speak for yourself and tell that to DCC, MFSL, AF about how their CDs pale next to vinyl...Geez, that's hysterical! and so F'n WRONG. both formats have great sounding albums...and push comes to shove CD wins out just for convenience alone...

Old Mac and Pete Puma like this.
  19. Lt.

Lt. Forum Resident

I am not sure where the "So F'in Wrong" goes - is it that vinyl is better or that I even made the comment? Anyway, I have vinyl that trounces the CD version, and I have some vinyl that sucks. But the vinyl that sucks is usually made from a digital master. When CD came out vinyl was to die. If that were the case why are more turntables being sold now more than ever? I will agree that CD is convenient but the convenience alone does not "trounce" the vinyl. If you have heard vinyl and think that CD is better I would have to wonder about the vinyl playback system...

20. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

[​IMG]

21. :laugh:
    Now that's funny. I shudder to think people may suspect my vinyl playback system is sub-par.

22. Lt.

Lt. Forum Resident

Just so I am clear, I am getting hammered because I feel or like vinyl playback better than CD? Is that it?

23. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

You've been here 3 years. Have you not read any of the vinyl vs CD threads? They never end well (if they ever end at all).........

Pete Puma likes this.
  24. To be clear, I made my comment because you appear to believe everyone should like vinyl playback better than CD.

Chris DeVoe and Old Mac like this.
  25. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I dearly would love a 'National Treasure Part 3', I love those films.
    Nearly know them word for word. Riley is probably my favourite character.

Holy Diver likes this.