No One Saw A Thing

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Borgia, Aug 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night Thread Starter

I just heard about this Sundance Channel documentary and sure wish I'd caught it sooner. The third episode is on tonight at 10 o'clock. It deals with the vigilante murder of Ken McElroy in the town of Skidmore, Missouri in the early 80s, maybe 1980. I remember hearing news about the events, and watched a 60 Minutes segment on it around that time. There was a good book on the murder as well. Basically, Ken McElroy was the local bully in this small town. He stole, dealt drugs, and did whatever he wanted. The police were scared of him. At some point after arguing with an old man who ran a grocery store, he came back and shot the old man, if I'm remembering it correctly. Soon after this when he and his wife came to town one day a crowd of townspeople surrounded his truck. Someone shot him and that was that. No one was ever arrested for the murder of McElroy, and the locals won't say anything about it, protecting whoever it was that pulled the trigger. I think the documentary introduces the fact that there has been a string of vigilante type killings in the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.