No Signal For Front Left Speaker When Playing Audio Via Denon AV Amp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jl151080, Aug 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member Thread Starter

I have a Denon AV amp that runs my rear and centre speakers in surround, while the pre outs go to an Arcam SA30 stereo amp which runs my front speakers.

I've discovered that there is no signal currently coming through the left front speaker when playing material in surround, confirmed when running the 'test tone' in the set up menu for all speakers. The front left is silent.

I've established it's definitely not a speaker problem because CD's play fine using my separate CD player through the SA30.

I've checked the connections and can't see any obvious problems.

Does anyone have any other ideas what the problem may be? Thanks.

2. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

If you haven't done so already, you might try connecting the pre-amp output from the Denon into a different line in on your Arcam. This would confirm whether the problem lies with the AVR or the SA30. If LF still silent, try another interconnect.

3. Fahzz

Fahzz Forum Resident

I went nuts with this problem for several weeks. After ruling everything else out, I discovered that it was a bad interconnect cable. This was surprising because it was a well regarded brand, and it just "went bad", no cause that I can think of. Start there - switch out the cable from the offending source and use another - it'll only take a minute. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.