Non ebay purchases with Paypal- does seller have to provide a label?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by hvbias, Aug 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic Thread Starter

I purchased some audio gear from a gear swap section in a different sub and the transformers work but there is some mild distortion on one side, this is usually from them being exposed to excessive DC. The seller is refusing to acknowledge there is a problem, I know Paypal (and my CC) will allow me to send it back for a refund, but will they also force him to create the return label? This is northeast to CA and shipping is not insignificant. This is sort of a downer as I was looking forward to this weekend of comparisons against my ultra high end nanocrystalline transformers.

Surprisingly I have never had anything like this happen before, a handful of not great transactions, but sellers accepted the mistake but this is a first where they do not want to take responsibility, which is the reason I was asking. Thanks guys!

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Initiate the dispute and talk to PayPal OVER THE PHONE to discuss shipping being paid by the seller. It's evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Capital letters added because most shy away from making a quick call when written discussions with big entities like this have very rarely ever been fruitful in my experience.

elmoe, PhantomStranger and hvbias like this.
  3. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic Thread Starter

Very much appreciated, thank you :cheers: I think I'll do just that and let them open the dispute on the phone itself instead of doing anything on the web, if that is allowed.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Might be faster just to initiate the dispute online and call them after with a dispute reference number instead. No idea if it's possible to do the whole process over the phone but it'd likely take you less time to start it up yourself and then call.

Good luck to you either way. :)

Matthew Tate and hvbias like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.