Norah Jones announces new album "Pick Me Up Off the Floor" (05/08/2020) shares Jeff Tweedy collab

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

It’s one of the two bonus tracks on the Target-exclusive CD.

frightwigwam likes this.
  2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Would like to see her partner up with Peter Malick again.

3. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

eu .. pressed at optimal yeah id say its as good as any audiophile pressing of recent. its pressed in a very similar way to the blue note 80 series even the jacket is the same. all pressings were cut at sterling.. in fact id say its her best pressed album going back about 3 records .

Davidmk5 and Marko K like this.
  4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Actually it turns out its one of two bonus tracks on the Target exclusive edition.

Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor (Target Exclusive, CD)

Also supposed to be on deluxe editions outside of the US.

5. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

I have no dog in this fight but I noticed this release featured on one of the online music sales sites and immediately noticed how awful this album cover is. The design is completely unappealing. The awkward cover photograph in conjunction with the album title just comes off as ridiculous and half-baked. I agree with all the other posters here who chimed in to say that they think this album cover is terrible (they're right.)

Other than that, I have no opinion or interest in her music. I hope that those who are interested in her music find it to be a wonderful album.

audiotom and teag like this.
  6. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I love it. Great cover.

bever70, Davidmk5, Sandinista and 2 others like this.
  7. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

The performance videos Norah has posted on YouTube all this spring have been one of the highlights of this time for me. I absolutely love them.

She has done covers, songs from throughout her career, etc. This latest highlights solo piano versions of several songs from the new album. Gorgeous as always:

8. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

they have been cool, so relaxed vibe.. in a silly observation for u.. Have you noticed from her earlier videos her couch disappeared :confused::agree:

Greenalishi and Parachute Woman like this.
  9. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

Nice album, quiet vinyl pressing. Am happy with this release.

Davidmk5 and Greenalishi like this.
  10. Bart

Bart Forum Resident

I'm loving this new album! I ripped the Target cd to my server, and have the LP on order. I'm a huge fan anyways. The album sounds great, and her performances are great as to be expected.

audiomixer and Parachute Woman like this.
  11. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

LP arrived this afternoon from Amazon and I enjoyed it upon first listen. Unfortunately my cartridge was bouncing up and down and all around.

A flat, clean pressing lately seems a rarity.

sennj likes this.
  12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Thanks for the Puss N Boots link.

Been checking out more of their songs on youtube.

13. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

hiterss likes this.
  14. Greenalishi

Very nice vinyl. Blue Note gives a crap (naysayers in here be damed). Cool record. Good sound. Great songs.

Shes kinda in a corner the yuppie clodplay crowd digs her. Older people dig her. So the cover is offensive to both. Which is great.

Such a great voice. For my age she is the greatest real pure singer. A singer of paverotti timelessnes.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  15. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

This is an amazing album! I picked up the Target cd for the bonus tracks, and as usual, I will doubling up by getting this on vinyl. I am absolutely delighted with this! Anyone have the Indie version on vinyl?

Davidmk5 and Greenalishi like this.
  16. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

I ordered my black and white vinyl copy from jpc.de (it hasnt arrived yet) but I noticed that this version gets a lot of bad reviews on that site because there is something supposedly wrong with this one (noisy pressing?). Anyone have any idea what they are talking about? Maybe because its a split-color the black color side has no surface noise but the white side is noisy?

Davidmk5 likes this.
  17. juanmanuel

juanmanuel Forum Resident

Does is exist an 180g european black vinyl?

18. Greenalishi

What a great record. Love the songs and instrumentation. Great music. Very strong album. Vibe to it. Really love this record.

Eska68, juanmanuel and pghmusiclover like this.
  19. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Sounds strong upon first Spotify listen.

Greenalishi likes this.
  20. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Disappointed for myself. This is pretty mundane for me. She has done some terrific work over the years. I heard her first album playing in a Borders Book Store music department and bought it on the spot.

Davidmk5 and frightwigwam like this.
  21. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I like the album cover. It feels like an old Jazz record cover. Imperfect B&W photo with lots of texture, vintage font in warm colors. It's nice. The back cover photo is gorgeous too.

22. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

I’ve got it - looks nice, doesn’t sound that great. Quite noisy..

bever70 and Marko K like this.
  23. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

My copy arrived from jpc.de and unfortunately it was horribly warped - its hard to say whether it was like from the start or if this occured during transit (we`ve had a big heatwave here for the last week).

24. juanmanuel

juanmanuel Forum Resident

My European black copy vinyl arrived and sounds beautiful!!. I am wondering how the B&N black on red vinyl sounds!!. Does anyone have it?

Davidmk5 likes this.
  25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I finally ordered the Indie- Black & white split last week & finally spun it lasy night , other than 2 pops at the beginning of side II (prior to the music starting) my copy is Dead silent & sounds great , VERY happy with it , good heavyweight vinyl too , some of the better vinyl i've received this year :righton:

NewKidInTown, sennj and Greenalishi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.