Norah Jones Feels Like Home hi rez!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave D, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I was told by Blue Note that this wasn't happening. This didn't surprise me, considering they just released Cassandra Wilson's "Travelling Miles" on DVD-Audio. As I said above, unless Sony foots the bill for another batch (yeah, right, like that's gonna happen), there will not be any more SACDs from Blue Note.

FWIW, the reason Fantasy/OJC has kept up their reissues is because their subsidy from Sony consisted of a DSD mastering station. They basically were given the tool to make SACDs. I begged Cuscuna to try and get one for Blue Note but I think the well's dry already.

Kevin

2. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

Why would Blue Note create an internet legend by telling people that the SACD sold poorly? Because that is what happened. Maybe Blue Note needs to get their own story straight.

3. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I have been told that the SACD of "Come Away With Me" has sold and continues to sell very well. It is still in print because of this. It is by far the best-selling of the bunch. It's probably why they've thought of doing "Feels Like Home".

Unfortunately, the other 5 SACDs sold poorly. Not the least because they almost all cracked at the spindle due to a manufacturing problem at the Crest factory. It caused a massive uproar in the SACD world. I know of a lot of Jazz fans who refused to buy them because they were cracking. They do crack pretty badly. My copy of Charlap's "Stardust" is noticeably cracked... "Black Dahlia" less so.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.