NOS4A2-AMC New TV Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by TheSeldomSeenKid, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident Thread Starter

RIP Bing Partridge
    Looks like Charlie Manx needs to place an Ad for a New Personal Assistant.

Good Episode, as I liked the expanded backstory on Manx as a Boy. Also liked the scene with Millie seeing herself as a Normal Girl, if she was not controlled by her Dad and be forced to be a Child for eternity.

2. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Agreed, good episode though it was predictable Wayne was going to mess things up. Does anyone know what’s up with the old house - is it the same one where Manx and his wife lived?

3. TheSeldomSeenKid

Yeah, Wayne even admitted he screwed up, but like the kid in 'The Strain' who kept Not listening to his Dad's Warnings, and still deciding to help out his Mother, who was turned into a Vampire(Strigoi) from the strain/virus(thankfully, not what Covid-19 could do to us), seems to be similar on how Wayne is making Bad Decisions(although when in the Back of the Wraith, it does mess with Kids Minds to turn on their Parents, but Wayne was outside of the Wraith when he stopped the Machine that was about to flatten the Wraith with Manx sand Bing inside, so maybe the powers to maintain resentment on his Mom was still strong enough that he wanted to save Manx).

From information I had found(not having yet read the Book myself if it might be explained there or even part of the Book), as far as the Old House where Cassie Manx lives, the answer appears to be yes, it is the Old Manx House.

Between the gingerbread gas of Bing and the way Millie sneaks into the old Manx house where Charlie secrets away all of his deepest fears, a whole lot about Manx’s childhood is revealed in a short amount of time, both through the words of the man himself—one of the side-effects of the gas is that it causes people to be more honest with their words—and through what terrifies him more than anything else in the world.

The House Millie enters, shortly after leaving Christmasland, is decorated in a period aesthetic matching the one she would remember as a child.

4. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

As far as Wayne's motivations, I don't feel it was handled well. Pure speculation as I never read the book, but I'll bet some inner dialogue shows the conflict which causes his the constant flip flops. On screen it's harder to pull off, and showing the magic vs resentment vs love just came across poorly. But overall I liked this episode, showing how evil begets evil, misguided or otherwise.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  5. TheSeldomSeenKid

Season 2 Finale Tonight!

The last 2 episodes have been good(well not for Vic's Dad). Will discuss in the next Few Days the Past Few Episodes that concluded this 2nd Season.

6. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

Can anyone who read the book tell us if the show has reached the end of that story, or are there still plenty of pages left? I don't want spoilers as far as how the events play out, but please use a SPOILER tag anyway in case someone wants to avoid the vaguest of clues.

I enjoyed the last few episodes for the most part. The idea of "let's try blowing up the car - again" didn't seem like the best plan, but so well Dad. I'm starting to chalk my issues up with Wayne to the kid's actor, or the ability to direct a child in a conflicted role (though the stuff surrounding the drawing felt far more natural than some other moments).

7. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I haven’t read the book so I’m no help there but given the open storylines I would guess that the finale wasn’t the last chapter.

8. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Pretty good second season.
    Reading the graphic novel,
    will prolly try the book later.

[​IMG]

9. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Any word on S03?

10. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

11. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

No Season 3, but to me it doesn’t matter. I was most concerned that the series would be canceled before they finished the story, but they reached that point about 15 minutes into the finale. The rest of that episode was devoted entirely to giving a preview of what might happen if it was picked up again: more like a second pilot than anything. It’s an interesting coda, but ultimately unimportant. I’m overall satisfied.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  12. TheSeldomSeenKid

I concur, as unless the Showrunner was going to find a way to being Charlie Manx back from the Dead(Again), then I had no interest to watch the Series continue(although I most likely would have given it a try for a few episodes).

I think I read that Joe Hill has other deals in the works for his other Novels, but cannot recall if they were planned for TV or Movies or a mix of both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.