Numero Group - Dropping CDs & Huge CD sale

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GuidedByJonO))), Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerquee

Jerquee Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

I placed a huge order on the 29th and have yet to hear anything from them beyond the order email.

Weird to see the orders of others placed after me being shipped and delivered.

2. futureinreverse

futureinreverse Forum Resident

The same thing happened to me when I pre-ordered their "Savage Young Dü" box set. I couldn't have been more excited to receive it. I followed the SH thread regarding its release and watched as everyone else received theirs when it began to ship out. I patiently waited for a few weeks and then sent Numero a message about my shipping status not changing. There was nothing out of the ordinary about my order. It just got lost in the shuffle. I actually ordered another copy from Amoeba and received that before the one I'd pre-ordered directly from the label. If you're going to release awesome product, at least follow through and have something resembling customer service. They're getting no more money from me in the future.

Jerquee likes this.
  3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

My wife Vickie is going to be both happy and heartbroken to see the Ectotrophia collection is part of the sale.

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Even though the sale is over the Happy Rhodes CD is still marked down to just $7. I plan to order one but I’m waiting a week or so until they clear all this mess with the big sale...

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I bought a few from this sale but went back on the 6th to order a few more. I was bummed to see it had ended even though the sale said "through the 6th." To me "through the 6th" means I have until the 6th is over. You're not going "through" a doorway if you stop as soon as you get to the doorway.

6. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Told them I've read that orders placed after mine have been shipped. Here is the response.

"Orders are released as stock is available. They are being sent out in the order they were placed, as long as the stock is available for those orders."

7. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]

lambfan68 likes this.
  8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

LOL. That answer results in even more questions...As more stock becomes available? Of what, all the over stocks you were trying to move? It's either there or not there unless they plan on pressing more to fulfill orders and they aren't going to do that are they?

At least you got a response to your email. They have yet to email me back a response as to when mine might ship.

Thing is, for me, the postage costs are quite high to send to Canada so these sales only make sense if I buy a lot of stuff and also throw in some non sale items because the incremental cost of the postage makes it worthwhile. The more I buy, the less the incremental increase in postage. So if they run out of too many items, like last time, then it's better for me to actually cancel the order all together (depending on how many they can't ship).

After the mess of the last blow out sale, they said they were putting in place new procedures but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Curious, how long did it take before they replied to you?

Howard Bleach likes this.
  9. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

They replied to my email in less than 24 hours.

eddiel likes this.
  10. JoseUnidos

JoseUnidos Forum Resident

ordered the Ork box + Feelies single on 7/30; arrived via media mail last Friday (8/9) in great shape - btw, thanks for the head's up about the sale!

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  11. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Coolio. They already charged my card, which is rather annoying, but they aren't the only site that does this...

Anyway, I'll wait till tomorrow before sending them a gentle reminder. I'll give them till Friday to get back to me. If nothing by then I'll likely just cancel my order. I don't thin k I can be bothered to wait till they sort themselves out.

I get that they are a small operation but the last big sale was a bit of a fiasco, which they admitted to, and it looks like they did nothing change things, even though they said they would. I have no idea how they can say they are fulfilling them in order when they are clearly not doing that at all.

12. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I visited them and it seems like a pretty shoestring operation. I wish them well, but I would give them a lot of slack.

13. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

That's exactly what I have been doing.

I waited 12 days before even emailing them asking for an update. I think that's giving them slack. I'm giving them till Friday, 4 days, to get back to me about an ETA. So I'm not being unreasonable here. On Friday it'll be 16 days since I placed an order. I think it would be reasonable to expect some sort of update over that time.

I appreciate they are a shoestring operation but that doesn't absolve them of providing a basic level of customer service. If they have time to post on Instagram then they have time to ship out our packages.

Being a shoestring operation certainly hasn't stopped them from promoting more items for people to buy, which also need to be shipped, so they don't seem that concerned about being behind on their shipping. :)

14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Looked through their site and recognized exactly two artists : Husker Du and White Zombie

15. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Oh? I guess that they ran out of stock on their Led Zeppelin and Beatles titles.

16. Cherrycherry

Cherrycherry Forum Resident

If you only know those two artists, then NumeroGroup might just be the right place for you to expand your horizons.
    Pretty much every entry has a decent audio sampling available, since they upgraded the website a year or so ago. I go there for the Eccentric Soul, mostly.
    If you liken the hard stuff, maybe take a look at these:
    Warfaring Strangers - Darkscorch Canticles [Numero Group]

Medusa - First Step Beyond [Numero Group]

Munros1969 and GuidedByJonO))) like this.
  17. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Logged into Numero and my order is showing as having shipped. Fingers crossed.

18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well I ordered a day after you so maybe mine will go out tomorrow. Still haven't received a reply to my email though. :)

19. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident Thread Starter

Let us know what you hear. Feels like bugging them with another email will just keep them from fulfilling orders... :laugh:

I logged just now, sadly mine still says "not yet shipped".

20. Howard Bleach

Howard Bleach Imperial Aerosol Kid

Mine still says 'not yet shipped.'

How did they handle refunds for out of stock items last time? My card was charged, too, which is fine (I actually prefer this because it makes it easier to balance my checkbook) but I sorta wish they'd just ship what they have and refund the difference because as eddiel points out upthread, there won't be any more new stock according to Numero. So why the holdup? Ah well.

21. hutlock

It could be that they are actually getting some stock back from some places like Amazon or the like. Also they now have an LA office, so there could be stock out there?

That’s all speculation of course, but I’m just trying to think of what else might be happening.

Chris DeVoe and Howard Bleach like this.
  22. WHR

WHR Forum Resident

Ordered as soon as I read about the sale on first day of post. 15 cd order came in less than 10 days. No problems here.

23. PaulJay

PaulJay Forum Resident

I placed an order on 7/30 and everything but 1 item (Ork Records Box) shipped within a couple of days, with the 1 item sitting in limbo for over a week I sent an email on 8/9 checking status, within an hour I received a reply that it would ship today and gave me a tracking number. My order actually didn't ship until yesterday (8/13) but at least I know it's on it's way.

24. hutlock

Yeah I was given a tracking number on a Wednesday but it didn’t start moving with USPS until Friday. Had the box in hand on Saturday.

25. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

This could be down to when USPS picks up the packages. From the last big sale I know they had some delays because USPS didn't show up to pick up all the packages a couple of times. So they package, generate the label and tracking number and then leave it for USPS to pick up. If they don't show...with the amount of packages they have going out it makes sense to schedule a pick up.

hutlock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.