Nypd Blue ????

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Anyone know what's going on with NYPD Blue? On Tuesday December 2nd, a new show is premiering in the NYPD time slot?

2. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

The ABC web page mentions it, but gives no reason. I seem to remember them doing this in the past. ABC likes to screw around with the show's schedule. Remember when they delayed the show's season premiere until way late in the season?

3. Michael

We don't want to miss an episode! The Wife and I enjoyed the past few Seasons more than any of the others:) Wonderful cast...If you hear anything please post it...Likewise:thumbsup:
    Happy Thanksgiving!

4. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

My guess is they want to premiere the show in a time slot with a built in strong following.Nypd Blue is one of my favorites too.I'm sure it will be back.Tuesday night is my favorite TV night.24 followed by Sipowicz.Doesn't get much better than that.

5. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I'm a huge fan of the show, particularly the utterly amazing Dennis Franz. They've done this every winter except the last one for several years with the show, for some weird reason, always messing with the schedule. A couple of years ago, they didn't start the show until January, making it sort of a mid-season replacement for itself (?!). Of course, they always have it out there when the in-season sweeps come in November, February and May. I think the show's made a real comeback with virtually a complete cast overall the past couple of years, but it seems that Steven Bochco's influence with the ABC network has waned. "Line of Fire," the replacement show, looks interesting, but it won't be "Blue."

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i think there are putting it on hiatus until the new year.

7. sgb

sgb Senior Member

IMHO the show has become something of a soap opera, just as The Practice did. Apparently Kim Delaney couldn't make it on her own, so she'll be back from time to time. But, hey, what do I know? They cancelled Dragnet, one of the best new shows out there.

8. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

That's too bad.I thought Ed O'Neill was great as Joe Friday.They should have just let him do his thing and hope that the ratings would follow.It was pretty obvious they hit the panic button when they to rehab the show.It was Joe Friday and The Mod Squad.Another horse designed by a commitee.

9. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

When ABC originally announced their fall schedule, they said that NYPD Blue would be broken up into two or three story "arcs" during the season. They also didn't want to run repeats in the Tuesday time period. So, they just ran a bunch of new episodes with the serial killer storyline to start the year. Now "Line of Fire" will run for awhile, and I'm guessing that NYPD will be back for February sweeps. I wouldn't worry about it, since this was their plan from the start of the season.
    If only ABC could be nicer to Karen Sisco!

10. Michael

Actually Kim came from the Soaps and she shoulda stayed there:)
    James Spader is amazing on The Practice...brought a dull show back to life:)
    I'm wondering how long he'll last?...His character is a time-bomb for sure!

11. Michael

Great taste in TV!

I knew we should've saved the shows on VHS!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the NYPD news:thumbsup:

12. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

USA Network is rerunning Karen Sisco usually Fridays at Midnight, but not always. Last week they showed the first episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.