Oasis reunion likelihood (plus lineup) at some point.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Madrid, May 20, 2023.

1. Madrid

Madrid Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know there have been a few threads speculating on this over the years but with the 30th anniversary of Definitely Maybe next year I was interested in what people think the current likelihood of it is/will be. What do people think, and if so who will join Liam and Noel in the lineup?

OasisBlur3 likes this.
  2. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Not that I think a reunion is going to happen but if it were it would basically be a case of Liam joining the high flying birds. Aside from Andy Bell that band is the 2009 Oasis lineup anyway.

There’s no way Noel will put together an Oasis lineup with Bonehead. Gem will always be his number 1 choice for guitarist

wgb113, warewolf95 and OasisBlur3 like this.
  3. Madrid

I think the nostalgia element of the reunion would see Bonehead in the band, but on bass. Gem on guitar and Chris Sharrock on drums. That kind of covers all eras of the band.

4. JohnJ

JohnJ Forum Resident

I disagree. You would get Bonehead in the same sort of guise at his performances with Liam - playing a bit on some of the early songs.

That being said it is simply not happening.

I personally prefer the two solo careers and seeing where that goes.

Many years in the future we might get a one off/ two off gig - but can’t see any new music. That will also only happen when both are no longer popular/ creative.

5. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Liam could cover Noel's songs and call it Oasis. It's not like the brothers ever wrote much together, so I don't think there is any magic to be rekindled.

6. Madrid

Pretty much every band reforms at some point so I think they will as well. Probably just two to three concerts though as they would kill each other on a full tour.

7. Liam Brown

Liam Brown Forum Resident

I don't know if they'll reunite, Noel seems to still not be into it, despite the financial hit he will be taking for his divorce, but if they do, I agree that it should be Liam and Bonehead joining the High Flying Birds.

Candlegoat, live evil and OasisBlur3 like this.
  8. George P

George P Notable Member

[​IMG]

If there is a reunion, this guy should promote it.

Old Rusty, Jack Lord, scobb and 7 others like this.
  9. Madrid

Note - the question is about if they will reform at some point, not necessarily soon or in the next year.

OasisBlur3 likes this.
  10. OasisBlur3

OasisBlur3 Senior Member

If they reunite, it should be the original five members. The original crew. With some practice, it would be interesting to hear. Maybe record new songs. Let’s see if they still got it. Otherwise, it’s just a lame “Live Aid” type gig with hired guns.

That being said, it’s never going to happen. But it all depends on Noel. He seems to be leaving his past behind. Heading towards Style Council territory. Just my take.

11. Madrid

I'm going for 2026 - the 30th anniversary of Knebworth (I was there!)

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  12. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Forum Resident

I’m seeing Noel live in the summer and, like everyone who sees Noel or Liam live, I’m hoping that we get a surprise encore reunion :righton:

That being said, I think that Dead To The World is one of the best songs Noel has ever written, so my intrigue for his new album is kinda more pressing than the never ending reunion rumours.

13. Madrid

warewolf95, agundy and OasisBlur3 like this.
  14. Overthehillsandfaraway

Overthehillsandfaraway Forum Resident

I didn't know he was getting divorced, but even then I doubt it'll ever happen. Noel is the Robert Plant in this situation: his solo career is going just fine, why would he do it? He doesn't really need the cash and it'd probably bring back bad memories. Let sleeping dogs lie.

15. edrebber

edrebber Forum Resident

Seems like Liam has had much more recent success than Noel. Are they going to sell out large arenas in the USA, if they reunite?

OasisBlur3 likes this.
  16. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

In terms of ticket sales, Liam's is going even better!

OasisBlur3 likes this.
  17. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

I think most people would want to see Bonehead there. There are enough guitar overdubs on the group's records to have Gem and Bonehead together. Alan White would be the most popular choice for the drum stool as well.

18. JohnJ

JohnJ Forum Resident

Not a consideration. The gigs in the UK and Europe would be absolutely massive. I doubt they would even bother with the US. (Not that it would happen anyway.)

19. McMaestro

McMaestro Forum Resident

Liam can't sing, but more importantly, Guigs.

20. Fletcher MH

Fletcher MH Forum Resident

Funny thing is that talked about an Oasis reunion yesterday with my friend. And think they will. The fans who want to see and pay + travel for them are also not getting younger and have their lives with all other stuff. Time to put their stubbornness aside and go for it. Defiantly will do the no harm financially.

OasisBlur3 likes this.
  21. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Funny thing is - Oasis were never really that great live first time around - and I saw them maybe 9 times - including Earls Court just before their second record was released, Sunday’s Knebworth show, Wembley Arena on the Be Here Now tour (where support band Supergrass blew them away), headlining T in the Park in 2002. Always a good night out, but not worth all the constant chatter about reformation.

There again, I love a bit of nostalgia and reminiscence about the glorious’90’s…so count me in. Lol.

Man at C&A and OasisBlur3 like this.
  22. Diamond Star Halo

Diamond Star Halo Forum Resident

It will happen eventually. I don’t really care about who will be in the reunion, just as long as Zak Starkey is playing drums. He is a beast.

23. Madrid

I don't think Guigsy has done anything at all musically since leaving the band in 1999 and has barely been seen in public at all, so getting him to join would be an absolute miracle!

Timos, OobuJoobu and OasisBlur3 like this.
  24. SurrenderToTheRhythm

SurrenderToTheRhythm Forum Resident

Liam
    Noel
    Gem
    Sharrock
    Andy?
    Bonehead as guest.

If it happens I see it only happening in the above formation. The one question mark surrounding Andy Bell. I don’t think he and Noel have had a relationship since 2009, and though he’s still friendly with Liam he’s literally the only non-Gallagher member to move on to a new era of his career that is tied to him doing his own thing. I’m sure he’d love the pay day, just genuinely curious if he gets the call. I hope so. It’d be a shame to have a random hired gun up there and Guigs is completely out of the question as is Alan and Tony.

25. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

I think ticket sales for Noel's upcoming tour this summer, might be a little humiliating, and prompt him to take some bold moves:

[​IMG]

All those blue dots are unsold seats for a tour that's already been onsale for a good month or so. Ouch!!

If that doesn't persuade Noel to stop screwing around with the High Flying Birds, and get back with Oasis for a real payday, then I'm afraid nothing will.