Obscure lofi jazzy blues rock song, a bit European sounding

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DaveInCalgary, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveInCalgary

DaveInCalgary New Member Thread Starter

Hey guys.

First time posting.

I can’t get the memory of how awesome this song is out of my head, but all I can remember about it are a couple fragments of melody and a part of one line from the song:

“...I married a Latvian man...”

Fair warning, “I married” might be “I fell in love with” and Latvian might be another obscure European country (Bulgirian, Lithuanian, Romanian, Albanian, something like that).

I heard this song on Spotify back in early 2019 but I think the song itself is from somewhere between 2010 and 2015 (again, it could be earlier or later than that but I got the impression it was fairly recent).

In terms of how the song sounds...well, it was on a Spotify playlist with a few hundred other songs...blues / rock / jazz / lofi / world music.

It was lofi jazzy bluesy, female singer, chill voice, almost rap-esque flow, laid back, very unique and European sounding, low key, lofi, maybe some strings, jangly but not loud guitar. It was fairly short, no longer than 3.5 minutes, maybe more like 2.5 or 3.

When I was searching for it, I came across the songs “Back To Me” by Tab & Anitek as well as “Get A Move On” by Mr Scruff, both of which were on the playlist with the song in question (in fact, it might even BE a song by Tab & Anitek). It SOUNDS kind of like those songs, also. Another song that was on the playlist was “The Passenger” by Iggy Pop. The playlist was called something like “Dirty Gritty Retro Blue”. The song may have blue in the title?

I know this isn’t much to go on, but this song is haunting and amazing and I would LOVE to hear it again.

Thanks so much in

2. Jamsterdammer

Jamsterdammer The Great CD in the Sky

Can't help you with your song, but here in Europe there is nothing "obscure" about Latvia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Romania or Albania.

Harry C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.