Odyssey amplifiers done, finally!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Bathory, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore Thread Starter

several years back, I purchased a very old pair of Odyssey monos, for an outlandish price, Klaus picked them up about I don’t remember, almost a year, I don’t mind, as I have music, and as long as they are great,.......good things come to those who wait.
    I heard from Klaus, that the amps are done, and ready for pickup.

I need to find the time, to drive the numerous hours to Indianapolis, to meet Klaus, and pick up my amps.
    I am so stoked. I can’t wait to get these, and start my three month break in, quite long, but worth it.
    I use McCormack DNA’s when allowed :)
    They are turned on, and left in on position, til morning, the warm up does wonders, as they have the almost full Teflon upgrade by Dan Babineau, and these caps are probably not fully broken in yet, as the past two years, I have only listened to the McCormack amps just a handful of hours, when permission is given.

I use the Sunfire more, as it’s easier to turn on, and it’s mine.

I’m stoked for these amps, Klaus said these are absolutely superb, and have 200,000 capacitance per amp.
    Are these classe’ omega monos,? No, but Symphonic line stuff is friggin amazing sounding, and crystal clear.

As I love the warmer sound of audio, I will be set! They will power a pair of cerwin vega modded D-9’s, and Energy RC-70s’, known for their laid back treble. As high pitched highs make listening for me unpleasant,
    I’m sure this set up will be great.
    Have great preamps, and disc players just for this setup.

I’m stoked.

Used those used stratos for a while, they were amazing, but underpowered, at low/mid volume, they shined, and made my music sound amazing through those old BIC speakers.

Can not wait for these upgraded Odyssey monos.

Did I mention, I’m HAPPY!

2. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore Thread Starter

These amps are brutality and finesse all in one package,
    Klaus has confirmed me, I’ve wanted odyssey since the early 2000’s, and finally money available, and paid for upgrading my bought, used pair of stratos.
    He said these amps are truly mesmerizing!
    I will be shelving my sunfire, and breaking in these Odyssey amps for 3-6 months!

I’m stoked!

3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Any pictures to share?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.