"Official" Residents Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scope J, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

2. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

No. The Rez haven't included them on any downloads either. I guess that makes sense but it would be good to hear them.

Some one bought the one in my link above. $600. Nice big picture of both sides of the sleeve there to grab if you need them.

Satisfaction also sold for $700. Both records are amazingly complete and I think both prices were fairly low.

In related matters... I just got tickets for the World Cafe show here in Philly, Feb 8.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Thanks to the bowels of the internet, I've heard both "The Warner Bros. Album" & "Baby Sex", yet, I still haven't heard this single!!!
    And, I call myself a 'hard-core' fan....... shame on me.

4. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Any clues as to why the Schwump tracks never got reissued? Apparently, Schwump doesn't have the rights either, since he re-recorded both tracks for one of his CD's instead of using the originals. I think You're A Martian is a great song - only a bit short.
    Incidentally, Schwump and The Residents recorded another five songs at the same time ('74-'75) for a proposed Schwump album that never materialised: Singer of Sad Songs, a version of God Bless America (he hates that version nowadays apparently) and three tracks of which the titles are unknown.

5. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I used to be in the Residents fan club run by "Uncle Willie" in the early 90's. According to Uncle Willie, the Schwump tracks were not reissued because the rights to do so had expired.

6. Scope J

7. vince

Do we have an 'album-by-album' thread on our hands?

Scope J likes this.
  8. Scope J

Fingerprince released
    December 1976 on Ralph
    Records

http://residents.com/historical/page0/page9/page9.html

Tracks:
    • You Yesyesyes
    • Home Age Conversation
    • Godsong
    • March de la Winni
    • Bossy
    • Boo Who?
    • Tourniquet of Roses
    • Death in Barstow †
    • Melon Collie Lassie †
    • Flight of the Bumble Roach †
    • Walter Westinghouse †
    • You Yeyesyes Again
    • Six Things to a Cycle

†CD only tracks from "Babyfingers".

9. Scope J

I hope so

10. Once we figure out whether Not Available counts as the second album or the fourth/fifth/whatever album!

11. jingi6

jingi6 New Member

Massive Residents fan here. Been one since seeing the One Minute Movies on pre-historic music video show Rock 'N' America. I'm based in San Francisco now and never fail to get a shiver up my spine when passing by 444 Grove Street or Sycamore St. The things that must have gone on there....

Anyway...Fingerprince. Side one is fair to middling. It seems to be missing the really chaotic, kitchen sink madness of Meet the Residents and isn't quite as concise and focused as Duck Stab / Buster and Glen would be. I adore the "6 Things to a Cycle" suite on side two tho.

I had the Babyfingers 45 on pink vinyl (wonder how much that's worth now) and remain convinced to this day that Walter Westinghouse is one of the all time great RZ tracks. The more theatrical the band is/was, with multiple characters, dialogue, and such, the better I like 'em...which explains my overwhelming fondness for Not Available.

12. vince

OK... thoughts:
    THis one came to me as the fourth CD of the 'first four' ESD's. After getting the other three, buying the "Heven" & "Hell" CD's, and buying that "Cryptic Guide To The Residents" book.
    Was great to hear 'the piano' again. That old piano was like a MEMBER of the band to me! With that, AND Snakefinger (hope HE'LL be part of this thread), it was quite a treat! I had also recently bought "God In 3 Persons" at this time, too. Was still on the fence on how 'hard-core' I was gonna be about THEM... It wasn't until UWEB 'sucked me in'; saying, in affect, THEY will ALWAYS be changing, so get used to it! I thought, "OK. I'll buy that."

13. Scope J

14. vince

Hey, Mr. Scope,
    You wouldn't happen to have "Frank Johnson's Favorites" on your computer, would you?
    One particular non-Rez Ralph song I'm looking for is Tuxedomoon's ORIGINAL "Dark Companion". This version is now UNAVAILABLE...... for some reason.

15. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

16. vince

Let us know how the 'packaging' is: was dissapointed with the last two, and, Big Brother says it will be available for 'download' once it 'sells out'...... hope, hope.

17. vince

18. Scope J

19. Scope J

37th Anniversary of
    The Residents and their first record
    Santa Dog

[​IMG]

20. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Got it and the packaging is quite good. It's not super elaborate but the digipack is a trifold. There are excerpts from a Bunny Boy comic inside too.

21. vince

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    WEll, that sucks! Why did i buy those last two w/ the crappy packaging, when I coulda just downloaded them for so much CHEAPER!

22. vince

On another note, just listened to "WB:RMX" again yesterday....... I LOVE IT!
    "Love Theme From A Major Motion Picture" is just beautiful!

23. vince

24. Scope J

25. Scope J