Old (Vintage?) Console Stereo Pics and Questions...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MITBeta, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MITBeta

MITBeta New Member Thread Starter

My parents got this unit (an Olympic Model S126) as a wedding present in 1965. It's been in their attic for the last 20+ years. It's clear that someone's been into the rear of it, I don't know what they've done, but there are a few wires that don't go anywhere.

In any case, does anyone know anything about this console? Is the equipment in it worth anything to anyone? Can this be made to work again? Are any parts salvagable outside of the unit?

Thanks for any answers... Here's a couple of teaser pictures. You can click here to see the whole array that I took this afternoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

This looks very similar to my parent's old stereo. If it is, it's a total piece of crap.

3. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Forget the stereo - what about that Commodore on the right? :love: ;)

4. MITBeta

MITBeta New Member Thread Starter

I knew somebody was going to bring that up!

PS: Everything's for sale... :D

5. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

That looks like the C= monitor that could be used as a TV, with RCA inputs...had a few of those back in the day. Which computer does it go with? Commodore? Amiga? :D

6. jt1stcav

jt1stcav Say It With Single-Ended Triodes

Reminds me of my grandparent's early '60s Motorola stereo tube console...wish they had kept it! Sounded like crap...had a spring-reverb sound to it, and hollow! Sounded like the music was played through an oil drum! But the cabinet was beautiful and extremely sturdy...Gotta love solid wood!

Now if this Olympic was an H.H. Scott or Fisher, it'd be a keeper for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.