Oldies.com vinyl sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Roosevelt Sykes, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident Thread Starter

These jokers just sent a shipping notice on my last order from Nov. 16.
    Seems the PJ Harveys were the hold up.
    No Sonny Rollins box -- boo!

2. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

And I just got a refund -without prompting-on my November 16 order.

3. Bryant19

Bryant19 Well-Known Member

My order arrived today after 2 months. All four LPs delivered in fine shape.

liquifury and Tjazz like this.
  4. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Still waiting on 3 items from 2 orders in November and strangely enough I just got 2 Informed Delivery notifications for 2 USPS labels created out of Pottstown, PA where Oldies is located...No email from Oldies yet but this is quite interesting.

5. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

Ordered 10 records on 11/16. Emailed twice to inquire about my order, got one automated response. Shipping notice Monday, 2 of 10 records arrived today. I paid with PayPal, no refund initiated on their end. So I emailed them again for a refund. Basically no communication from them and pretty damned shady all around.

superstar19 and TerpStation like this.
  6. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

You need to call them…number on website

today I got a missing record from first order

They are definitely not shady in my opinion…just a bit overwhelmed and incompetent (maybe)

7. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

Sending an invoice noting that I’m not getting eight of ten albums and stating there’s a balance of fifty dollars without refunding me seems a bit shady. What if I hadn’t contacted them? Seems like a good business practice would be to let me know I’m not getting most of my order and give me a refund.

superstar19 likes this.
  8. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

You are entitled to your opinion.

There is a big difference between a company not exercising good business practices and being shady. YMMV.

Do you really want to argue about this…if you just want your money back give them a call. I got a record today that I ordered 11-16 and didn’t come with my original shipment but the receipt said would be back ordered for two months. Now if I had said they were shady I would be feeling pretty stupid.

And that’s all I am going to say on this.

scottabs and SJP like this.
  9. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Very shady

3Dman likes this.
  10. recacer

recacer Forum Resident

WesB likes this.
  11. LastCall

LastCall Well-Known Member

From an order from 11/15, I got 7 of 9 items. Paid with Paypal. Receipt says backorder for 30 days. Emailed them directly and opened a dispute in Paypal after 60 days. Have yet to see a refund or any unshipped item. Entering shady territory.

3Dman likes this.
  12. boyfromnowhere

boyfromnowhere Forum Resident

I had three items unshipped with my order. Finally emailed them a week or so ago. Got an email saying it was being forwarded to someone else. No emails after that, but I got one of the missing items in the mail this week, then got another today. Maybe I'll get the last one soon. I do wonder if they would have just kept my money without sending anything if I didn't contact them.

13. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Only one of my 6 arrived. The website appears to say the entire order was shipped. A receipt was in the package which appears to indicate i have a "credit" for the total of the 5 that did not get shipped? I have no idea if the others will eventually ship, whether they will credit back, or what is going on.....disappointing.....i guess i will attempt to call them next week.

3Dman, liquifury and Mike H. like this.
  14. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I talked to an Oldies Com rep on Friday and pointed out that about 1/3 of the albums I ordered had not been delivered. I wasn't charged but asked if I might ever see them. He said "Probably not in all honesty, it was a very popular sale."

I suggested, as nicely as I could, they they might in the future stick to selling stuff they've actually got.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  15. Beholdentonoone

When I spoke to a CS representative 2 weeks ago about 3 outstanding items from 2 mid November orders I was told to give it another week and 1/2 and call back if there was no update.

Low and behold 2 shipments from Oldies arrived yesterday. I haven't been home to open them and see if all 3 items were included but I'll report back once I do.

16. Beholdentonoone

Well I received 2 of the 3 titles I've been waiting on and was happy about that. I don't expect the last of the 3 to be fulfilled which is the Lee Scratch Perry "King Scratch" box set. Weird that it's in stock at places like Target and Walmart but Oldies can't source it.

Either way, despite the long wait for a few items I thought the Oldies buying experience was extremely legit and actually great considering the prices I paid for what I received.

jason202, scottabs, mur and 1 other person like this.
  17. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

I feel the same. I was pleasantly surprised when the one item that was not included in my original order showed up this weekend. I assumed they wouldn't ship a $7 item by itself, but I was glad I hadn't asked for a refund yet when it showed up.

mur likes this.
  18. liquifury

liquifury Forum Resident

I received an email from Oldies yesterday saying there was a problem with processing my payment on an order and to call them. Long story short, my CC I used for that order was hacked last month and I had to cancel it. So, I call Oldies and they tell me the five records that didn't ship with my first order have now arrived and are ready to be shipped!

There is still hope! I have one more order missing three items. We'll see if those come through!

SJP likes this.
  19. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Got two shipments Monday with the same LP and identical receipts. Margo Price STRAYS. It was from a November 14 order that backlogged 5 LPs. Margo Price is delivered twice. Still missing 4 LPs and the receipt shows credit for the 4 LPs. It's been over 30 days.

mur likes this.
  20. Beholdentonoone

People! Pick up the PHONE and call them...Every Customer Service interaction I have had with them on the phone has been excellent!!!

jason202, parkmebike and liquifury like this.
  21. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

Bottom line good deals iffy if you will get it and slow to refund for some....so where are the new deals:goodie:

22. Friendpal

Friendpal Well-Known Member

The last two albums from my order from mid November showed up this week. They arrived in good shape. My first shipment took over 1 month to show up. It included an 11 LP Wilco box set. The outer box was pretty beat up, but the LPs seemed fine, which is fine with me.

I probably would have placed a second order if I knew things would eventually start showing up.

23. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Well, surprise: Without a shipping notice I just got three (but not all) of my missing titles; Ann Wilson, Steve Earle and the one Lucinda I was missing (I grabbed the whole Jukebox series). And this is after I'd called and been told I probably wasn't getting any more. They never got as far as taking my name or order number.

Since all three are now on the site for crazy high prices, getting them for $20 total was nice.

SJP likes this.
  24. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Got a cassette instead of the LP. Courtney Barnett, Things Take Time.
    Emailed OLDIES and they said they would do a refund. $5.51

mur and SJP like this.
  25. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

same. Not sure I will ask for a refund