Olivia Newton-John Single by Single Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Song4U, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

And another guy here who also likes the "Hotel Sessions." We waited a long time for that one! So I guess I got my Christmas wishes this year. :)

Pizza and Jarleboy like this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Found this and I am curious to know why Michael McDonald is in it. He's not even country at all.

John Adam likes this.
  3. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

He's got a name and a good voice. And it's a charity record so why not?

4. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member Thread Starter

Wow this thread still survives...ha
    Yeah, I think I skipped over this appearance she made on this CD single. I bought the single CD when it was released and it's for a great cause but I don't think I've ever played it more than once :sigh:. I'm not a huge country fan.

One Heart at a Time
    CD & Cassette Single

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  5. Song4U

I wouldn't mine picking this one up though as I actually think this single is pretty good. It's available as a 7" looks like 2 are on ebay now from the UK. It appears to be white vinyl of which I don't think I've ever seen one. It's kinda cool this is a limited pressing on vinyl and I really should add this to my collection some day.

Never Never Never
    Englebert Humperdinck duet with Olivia Newton-John

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John Adam and Jarleboy like this.
  6. Song4U

Speaking of which....here it is on vinyl...:D

John Adam and Jarleboy like this.
  7. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

That is a nifty looking single. And it is one of the better songs from Olivia in the past few years...

Jarleboy and John Adam like this.
  8. John Adam

Yeah it's a decent performance, and I wish Olivia was on the sleeve too. It is a cool item.

Yes it survives! :)

Jarleboy likes this.
  9. Pizza

I guess I'm the only one that finds this horribly depressing. :(

John Adam likes this.
  10. John Adam

Maybe now would be a good time to watch "Hollywood Nights." Didn't find that to be too depressing. Olivia in her prime. Enjoy! :)

Pizza and Song4U like this.
  11. Song4U

This has to be the best quality I've ever seen from this tv show. It sure beats the 2 copies I have that are passed down generation copies. I'm not sure where this person got this version but it looks like a first gen copy, maybe betamax, remember that? The opening sequence is one of the best with that Xanadu blonde flowing hair. :love:

I might also add another rare appearance from Karen Carpenter who rarely appeared on any show without Richard. Still no way to confirm if she was originally going to perform a single off her solo album that was later shelved.

Pizza and John Adam like this.
  12. John Adam

It's much better quality than I had a VHS copy of, that's for sure. The opening sequence is remarkably clear and great audio! Yes it would of been a dream if Karen could of lyp-synched one of the songs from her solo album. One of those "what if it would of happened moments." Olivia was certainly was supportive of Andy Gibb who had appeared on two of her specials and they sung on the Concert for Unicef also. It's too bad he wasn't strong enough to recognize his own talent and appeal.

It's really a fun special with Cliff Richard, and Elton John and of course Heartache Tonight with Olivia and "friends!" :)

Pizza likes this.
  13. Song4U

Yeah, the only problem is the audio cuts in and out but mostly out on Gimme Some Lovin' not sure if that was a tech issue for the person who captured this at the time during broadcast transmission? or was that done on purpose for uploading to you tube. It's a great show with an array of stars who were all big at the time.

Does anyone think that Gimme Some Lovin' is a different version than what appears on the TH album? or is it just the background sounds that make it sound different, I know there was some edits in there, right?

John Adam likes this.
  14. Pizza

Such a great special. And all those female vocalists singing together was so much fun to watch. I wish all her TV specials had gotten released on DVD. At least I have a couple on laserdisc. I had recently watched the Down Under one and didn't realize that Kenny Ortega had a cameo. Boy, did he look different back then.

John Adam likes this.
  15. John Adam

Her specials are great, music, guest stars, a bit of comedy and the lovely Livy!
    Kenny Ortega (and most of us) looked different back then! Time marches on. It's fun looking back!

Pizza likes this.
  16. Pizza

We certainly all change but I was still caught off guard by Kenny. It was a fun moment. My favorite Olivia TV special is her second one. I especially enjoy the jam session with ABBA and Andy Gibb where they sing and chit chat with each other. "Do you have any musical sisters or brothers, Andy?"

John Adam likes this.
  17. John Adam

I don't know what my favorite one is. The one with Andy Gibb and Abba was always available to view because of laserdisc, which was nice, at least you could watch it. The chatting was fun. Was it Olivia who asked the question to Andy? I remember him saying, "I have a sister." All her specials need to be available in high quality DVD. I had to give up the video and cassette players when I moved. Someone mentioned Olivia's work was not essential or timeless. I think it is, and I'm not even from the generation that actually grew up with her.

Pizza likes this.
  18. John Adam

?????

19. Pizza

I believe it was Benny that asked that question. Funny moment.
    Yeah, a lot of Olivia's music is essential to me too! I still play it often, especially the Xanadu stuff. :)

John Adam likes this.
  20. mp971

mp971 Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Red and tan label but very 70's picture cover! Quite rare Italian pressing.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  21. MickZ

MickZ Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm not tech savvy...can anyone tell me why the photos on this site are blurred out with that photo bucket thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.