On a quest for ONE special record in London

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Watkins, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watkins

Watkins New Member Thread Starter

Hullo,

Im going to London today, and was wondering of any of you music crazed fellas could help me out on sthg : the uk indie band Everything Everything, heard about em ? If not go check em out they are absolutely fantastic ! Anyway, I wish to buy their records on Vinyl somewhere in London, any idea where that might be? To be clear, I need a store that sells Vinyl records more on the modern side of things, but still with a clear and strong indie vibe. Last time I bought Bon Iver's second album somewhere near Shoreditch NW London but cant remember where the hell that was... Anyone ?

2. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

Rough Trade East is probably your best bet.

3. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Or try Sister Ray in Soho, Berwick Street

4. RHCD

RHCD Reverend Bong

also Phonica in Poland Street and Sounds of the Universe in Broadwick Street, while you are in the Berwick St area

5. gohill

gohill Senior Member

Rough Trade East was probably where you were in if you remember it as being near Shoreditch and I would imagine they would definitely have this on vinyl in the shop.

6. Watkins

Thank you all for your answers ! I will therefore try Roughtrade in East London :) you guys listen to that band now! I recommend The Peaks, Two for Nero, MY KS UR BF, Qwerty Fingers, Schoolin, Fortune 500, As Good as My God, etc etc ! :):) all three albums are absolutely smashinggg

7. Watkins

Havent found it guys... any other ideas ?

8. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

9. rwil

rwil Well-Known Member

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm watching this thread because I'm oddly invested in whether not this guy finds his record.

10. This is a pretty mainstream release on Sony, surely FOPP, HMV, etc.,

11. RHCD

RHCD Reverend Bong

Where did you try? Everywhere suggested? If so you must have found something else interesting... keep us informed!

12. RHCD

RHCD Reverend Bong

Fopp is a bit random in what they stock, but yes, if it's a mainstream release, the big HMV on Oxford Street now has loads of records once again.

zphage likes this.
  13. I'm wondering if this isn't some kind of lo-key street marketing.

14. RHCD

RHCD Reverend Bong

Ooh you cynic.

Hmmmm.

Actually.... rereading...

Hmmmm.

15. The album has been out almost a year and HMV is dumping it at £6, so maybe, a bit of a marketing fail.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  16. RHCD

RHCD Reverend Bong

You're right. £5.99 at HMV. About as far from hard-to-find as you could possibly get. Sigh.

I'm gone.

zphage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.