Once Upon a Time in Hollywood SPOILERS! SPOILER THREAD...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Jul 30, 2019.

1. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

If I was back in film class again and had to write a paper I would theorize the following:

Sharon Tate is dead. Her spirit rose from the grave to revisit her past before heading off to the next world. Her feet were symbolically soiled from being in the earth. She recalls fondly of her role in certain films and in a way the scenes were a celebration of her free spirited life. Etc etc.

CusBlues, MHS3 and hi_watt like this.
  2. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

3. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

One year and four days since the release of this fine flick from QT.
    So what type of movie will be number 10?
    I would like to see a Cold War spy thriller that takes place in the 1970's.

CusBlues and hi_watt like this.
  4. Que?

rod and CusBlues like this.
  5. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I strongly disagree with you, but it would be a fun paper to write and any film prof would totally dig it.

CusBlues likes this.
  6. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Rick Dalton, it's a publicity photo from his first agent in 1955 three years before he landed the lead role starring as Jake Cahill in Bounty Law.
    But as we know Dalton wanted to do movies and bolted from Bounty Law but did not find success and even worse he burned some bridges with the TV people and they black balled him for a year for "sabotaging" Bounty Law and no one would hire him during that period.
    No one that is except King of the B movie Westerns producer A.C.Lyles. Lyles and Dalton were friends and mutual admirers of each others work.
    Lyles made the movie Law Of The Lawless in 1964 and playing the part of Deputy Tim Ludlow is an actor the credits identify as a Rod Lauren (actually Dalton) and release the 1955 publicity photo of Dalton claiming it is Rod Lauren. The part paid enough for him and his stunt double Cliff Booth to out last the one year black balling and then got semi steady work after that.
    If you can look up the movie I think Dalton is in the the first 10 minutes (or so), obviously Rick Dalton as a Deputy watching some bad guys ride into town.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    swedwards1960 and Dudley Morris like this.
  7. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I'd prefer Jonny Quest. Or a man from UNCLE sequel. or most of all OUATIH II.

8. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Jonny Quest the cartoon? Pass.
    Wouldn't The Man From UNCLE be a Cold War spy thriller?
    OUATIH II, I don't see it but if QT wanted to I'm sure it'd be great.

9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

I want a gritty late 70s/early 80s setting crime flick. Extra gritty.

dlemaudit, Dudley Morris and SunSon like this.
  10. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

I would suspect another late 20th Century period-piece that will prove to be another over-hyped bore.

Willowman likes this.
  11. Knox Harrington

Knox Harrington Forum Resident

lol

12. SteveRes

SteveRes Forum Resident

Wants to finish with a Star Trek film doesn't he?

13. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I think that has been scrubbed. QT submitted a script to JJ and it never moved forward. I would'nt be surprised if that was a smoke screen to keep his real project secret. Of course the recent Kill Bill 3 buzz puts that out of contention.
    He's been real secretive since The Hateful Eight.

14. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Um, he already did :)

ceddy10165, Kassonica and Veggie Boy like this.
  15. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Heh. There is some truth to what you typed.

16. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown look like they take place in the 1990's, they were released in the 1990's.

Kill Bill 1 & 2, Death Proof look like they take place in the 2000's (cell phone texts), they were released in the 2000's.

Inglourious Basterds was a WWII film, everyone gets to make one of those.

Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight, pre and post Civil War eras.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Hey man, pass that LSD laced ciggy over to me [​IMG]

17. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

Just watched again for first time since seeing it in theater.
    This is just such an excellent movie, even better 2nd time and I’m moving it into Pulp Fiction/ Inglorious Basterds territory

Leo is even better than I remember, the whole Lancer sequence is amazing acting by him

misterclean, Mylene, Dale A B and 6 others like this.
  18. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I can’t see Jonny dropping all those F bombs among others.

SunSon likes this.
  19. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Just a reminder that Leo in the Lancer sequence is a guy playing a guy playing another guy. To see Rick Dalton struggle on that set and then triumph is a master-class of acting. #beanobroncobuster

ceddy10165, SunSon, TheVU and 5 others like this.
  20. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

I overheard someone say "easy breezy" the other day and warm thoughts of the Lancer set came flooding back.

21. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

My favorite scene in the entire movie.

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  22. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery

...There was a " Man From U.N.C.L.E. " movie just a couple years ago, it waa a big flop - I saw it, it was OK.
    QT remaking " cool older guy " 60s/70s TV...Maybe he could remake THE NAME OF THE GAME's " LA 2017 " episode? Or BANACHEK?
    The Man From Uncle movie gave them an origin, incidentally. It differed from the one quasi-official UNCLE origin to come out before - after the TV show had finished, the paperback novels continued for a little while then a concluding story title " The Final Affair " was written as an installment of the paperback novels series but an editorial mix-up led to it never being officially published. It gave Chip's character a backstory and finished the war with THRUSH storyline. It can be found on the Web and if you want more details - !

SandAndGlass and SunSon like this.
  23. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I just viewed it again, I think I’m at 7 times now. This is the first viewing where I didn’t think it was better than the last, but still immensely enjoyable. I have many times resisted watching it again as I don’t want to burn out on it, but it had been a few months so I allowed myself. I was really lucky and had preordered the big deluxe version before it sold out. Really enjoyed all the extras on the dvd. I can’t believe it’s $400 on ebay!

twicks likes this.
  24. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

If Tarantino doesn't want to do a Batman why not Cool McCool?

25. ThePaleRider

ThePaleRider Forum Resident

That's a nice list! But I need to see the older ones. Think I'll start at #11 and work my way up....

SandAndGlass likes this.