Once Upon a Time in Hollywood SPOILERS! SPOILER THREAD...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Jul 30, 2019.

1. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I could not disagree with you more. He created a universe and now he's exploring it. IMO (and respecting yours), Rick Dalton and Cliff Booth more interesting all the Stars Wars characters combined.

Cliff Booth rematch with Bruce Lee more interesting than all Fast and Furious combined.

SunSon, dlemaudit, TheVU and 2 others like this.
  2. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I had an OFFICIAL 14 Fists Squirt Gun. The box indicated it "Kills Nazis!"
    [​IMG]

SunSon, TheVU, GeetarFreek and 2 others like this.
  3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

it's embarrassing. From his stupid Kill Bill Movies onward he thinks he's creating his own mythology and legend. It ain't that deep. Where's the "Return of Django" comic book?

4. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

Your take is baffling, he’s an artist who creates stories for a living. Seems like it’s working well for him.

Matthew Tate and Carl80 like this.
  5. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

well, to each his own. I found OUATIH (and Licorice Pizza for that matter) totally transfixing. But I can also get that someone might find them meandering or without narrative drive. Some people like Nascar, some like the curves and view from Mullholland Drive

I think both movies are to some extent trying to immerse viewers in the L.A. of that time. I'm more aware of this having just watched "Los Angeles Plays Itself" a great doc about how L.A. is depicted in films.

kouzie and yesstiles like this.
  6. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Yeah he’s done ok for himself I’d say.

GeetarFreek and Matthew Tate like this.