‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Tarantino's Next

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Olompali, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Not to beat a dead horse, but what did I misunderstand? I was told not to view a thread which still makes no sense compared to what I wrote. If poster was meaning not to open the thread in the future, wouldn't that be self evident?

p.s. Me and the poster have some history as you can see from this thread. Differing opinions are hated by some and they will "like" and treat only those that agree with them with respect. I usually try to stay blind to it and carry on no matter how much I disagree or agree with someone. Each post is a new experience and other than a select few, there is no one to really dislike/disregard because they simply state how they feel.

Getting back, it is like the Kill Bill script with me. I once read a little bit and felt let down. This was a huge mistake and I was actually blown away when I saw the real deal. Every since then, I could care less about detail unless it is general story and players involved.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  2. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Well, for one, I took it as a suggestion more than a demand. For another, I took it as him saying don't look at the thread once it wrapped- not that you should stop now.

But it's so easy to misinterpret things online and I could be wrong.

I did see signs that there was history there and chose to ignore that. Again, sorry for butting in. But from my perspective, you both have good things to say (not that I always agree) and was trying to play peacemaker when I should have probably just kept my nose outta your business. All I've accomplished is just keep it going. My bad.

3. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

My response was also an explanation, though I don't think his response was very nice either.

Which shows he didn't read what I wrote which would be redundant at best.

No I truly appreciate it. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the first sentence. Perhaps I could have said it nicer responding back.

Sorry alexpop. Let us make a peace today bro! Tone is hard to tell sometimes.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    JimW likes this.
  4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

That what I thought. Don't trust one grumpy old friend's recollections.

5. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I want to seriously ask. Is the Doors so much worth mentioning over say the Beatles? I have often wondered if their popularity was overstated. I do like the Doors, but just thinking of a movie that is trying to get the beats...is Jim at the top of the list?

6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I only live a 40 minutes from the Spahn Ranch, I've been meaning to go over there. Maybe I could get lucky and see some filming.

7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

For me, the Doors should be in because they represent that "edgy" end of the flower power era -- peace and love gone off the tracks.

Tim S, genesim and JimW like this.
  8. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Good point, but isn't Helter Skelter the true "edge" in this scenario? I feel like if it gets the Doors soundtrack it takes away from the feel. Tarantino is known (as you no doubt know) for working outside the box. I think him using stuff even outside the era will give it a certain flair that a Doors "cop-out" may actually hurt his vision. Just thinking out loud really.

JimW likes this.
  9. JimW

This demonstrates to me the mark of open-mindedness; a true virtue that often gets overlooked and is sadly at a premium these days. As well as a willingness to let bygones be bygones. Mad props, my brother. :targettiphat:

genesim likes this.
  10. JimW

Nicely put and accurate I'd say. Also a parallel for Manson, as he manipulated peace and love to go WAY off-track.

I think Helter Skelter would be spot on- probably too much so for QT to use it. Likewise, the Doors have a number of songs that would be very apropos. But QT's not only out of the box, but generally uses lesser-known material, if I'm not mistaken. So my guess would be neither one makes the soundtrack.

Ghostworld likes this.
  11. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

As I was typing this, I thought of the contradiction of what I was saying as well. Yes let's hope that neither is there. Tarantino having Bowie on Basterds was just awesome. I want more of that instead.

DHamilton and JimW like this.
  12. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Maybe that's why Tarantino picked Sony: THE MUSICAL RIGHTS TO THE BEATLES!!!!!!

alexpop likes this.
  13. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident Thread Starter

No chance. The Beatles still have veto rights to their actual performances of their songs. Not the publishing but they do their singing and playing. McCuteone, Yokolivia and President Starkey* will say no way.
    Maybe Aerosmith's Helter Skelter...:hurl:

*re: The Postman.

14. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

That is an interesting thought for sure. At this point with Sony housing Elvis and The Beatles (thank you MJ), there are lots of possibilities. Elvis 69 was also interesting and we all know that QT is a much bigger fan of E.

15. clashcityrocker

clashcityrocker Forum Resident

Here are a few pics from some location shootings. Got these from the DVD Savant page. Love the attention to the detail.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

This movie has been postponed because TMZ has learned that Charles Manson has been accused of sexual harassment. At least three girls have claimed that Manson gave them LSD and made off-color remarks.

JimW likes this.
  17. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Seen ~Mackenna's Gold in 1969, ha Omar Sharif skinny dipping. :)
    But you right, amazing period detail.

Steve Litos and Ghostworld like this.
  18. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

I agree with the above. But there is always a chance that the one white guy who can get away with using the N word six thousand times will make another good film.

Ghostworld likes this.
  19. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident Thread Starter

I saw They Came to Rob Las Vegas.
    Cool heist flick, at least back then.

20. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Each time we take a trip to So Cal to visit my in laws, I mention that I would like to visit Spahn's ranch. I get lotsa eye rolls lol.

Ghostworld likes this.
  21. alexpop

Maybe this time take your autograph book.

EddieMann likes this.
  22. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Back in the late 90s, they were building a new home at 10050 Cielo Drive and the gate was open so my friend and I drove in to look around. Even though the Tate house was gone, we still got spooked for some reason and cleared out fast! Just superstition, but we suddenly said "Let's get out of here!" and split. hahah. What's fun is my buddy in Santa Barbara lived in the same apartment house as Manson, a Mexican gentleman was renting Manson's old room. How I was dying to break into that room!

notesfrom and EddieMann like this.
  23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Alex, you are all over this movie! Keep the updates coming!

alexpop likes this.
  24. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The great Tarantino paradox. He's lucky he has SLJ as his wingman.

25. alexpop

What about in production " spoilers " ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.