‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Tarantino's Next

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Olompali, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Pulp Fiction seemed the most happening film at the time in the cinemas that is.

Ghostworld and hi_watt like this.
  2. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Find a 9 year old kid, he probably knows how to download the new movie off the dark internet already today.

Ghostworld likes this.
  3. alexpop

QT’ Hollywood ode .,
    Original cut was 4hr 20 mins.
    After the edited Cannes 2hr 39 mins showing the director is thinking of putting more in( not taking any film out).

Ghostworld likes this.
  4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Same here. Never seen a video proving it, either. I think it's all made-up BS.

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I wasn't aware that Tarantino had a 'thing for feet.':rolleyes:
    I do remember Uma jokingly mentioning something like that in an interview at the Time of Kill Bill. So that's his signature as a filmmaker?
    These reviewers make me shake my head sometimes.

6. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

This may not be 6, 10, or 20 minutes, but it is around 3½ minutes and I don't think the video catches it when it began.

This article breaks lists some of the longest standing ovations at Cannes. (And states the one for Twin Peaks in the video above was five minutes.)

Quentin Tarantino’s new film got a 7-minute applause at Cannes. That’s actually not that good

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

That's the kind of stuff I'd like to see versus an arbitrary number. Even 3.5 min is quite ridiculous for any film. Having said that, it's nice that one was videoed so it's not just some writer's say-so.

8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

At your local dollar theater maybe. At a film festival full of Hollywood insiders and film nerds? That kind of self-fellation is entirely plausible.

yesstiles likes this.
  9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I’m sure he learned his lesson after The. Hateful Eight leak.

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Rough cuts are often way long, like 50-60% too long. So I wouldn't give any credence to that "4 hour 20 minute" thing.

I could believe that Tarantino might put another 10-15 minutes back in.

Quentin Tarantino Says He May Recut ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ to Make it Longer

Bowie Fett and alexpop like this.
  11. alexpop

QT has been questioned why Margot Robbie doesn’t have a larger part in the film seemed to really p him off. Must be frustrating the films not on general release yet.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  12. alexpop

Yeah and not being able to screen the film at a suitable theatre as a Disney film was hogging that L.A. theatre that December month.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think he never intended to give her character a lot of lines or depth, and the point was to show what a likeable, innocent person the real Sharon Tate was. Critics have said that the film treats her with a lot of respect, so I don't think Roman Polanski is going to be offended or anything. Tarantino has said all along that the movie is intended as "a love letter to the Hollywood I grew up with in the late 1960s," so I'll take him at his word. It's not a hyper-realistic look at real people. Even films like Inglourious Basterds have real people in them (like Hitler), but what they say and do, and what happens to them, are not exactly realistic.

Bowie Fett and alexpop like this.
  14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I'm hating hearingi the words "fantasy / reality mix". Please. Dear God. no IG ending. And yes
    Addmorefootage. That's gonna be my twitTwi hashtag tonight.

15. alexpop

That looked really crass.

16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Awful. Stupid. That movie was crass. Walked out.

17. alexpop

And Roger Corman cheap, maybe a homage. :D

18. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Started off beautifully with a wonderful monologue but the charms of the American Bronx boys with baseball bats eluding me as did the sadistic Brad Pitt. subsequent and scenes seemed blocky and repetitious and the ending was simply Stupid . it wasn't aacomplete film and it didn't flow like a complete film. Too much gab not enough you know what . IG was blocky like the Hateful eight was and both could have been plays. And now that we know he has considered writing a novel who knows maybe he had written it as a play . I'm sure this is his Altman or his PTA so he should add as much length as he can .Thats my cheer .

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  19. alexpop

Seemed the money shot was in the beginning at the farmhouse scene. At least that film had a bit of class, the less said about Django the better(though was popular in Europe $$$).

Ghostworld likes this.
  20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Money shot. You are right .lok . I like your taste. Cheers

alexpop likes this.
  21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

#hollywood420 . I'm on it .

22. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

What's IG?

23. alexpop

Minus RAW POWER. :D

24. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Now I'm even more confused.

Ghostworld likes this.
  25. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Oops . I meant IB . I hate typing on phones.
    Inglorious bastards. If he rewrites history again.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.