‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Tarantino's Next

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Olompali, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Ah, that's clearer now. haha

Although for the record, I find "Inglourious Basterds" 100 x better than "The Hateful Eight."

2. That made it for me. I love seeing Hilter get his come upends. I can watch a documentary if I want the real deal.

Chris DeVoe, NaturalD, Graham and 2 others like this.
  3. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I love the rewriting of history in Inglorious Basterds. Loved it. It took the film to another level, entering surealism and all to the non-time-specific sounds of David Bowie's Cat People.

4. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I find "Inglourious Basterds" to actually be QT's most re-watchable movie. But "Kill Bill" is his best film.

Carl80 likes this.
  5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

If Sharon Tate gets saved, I'm gonna throw up.

Steve Litos likes this.
  6. Apparently Manson replaces Morrison in the Doors :tiphat:

Ghostworld likes this.
  7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Yes . Tarantino can cater to popular taste and all the victims at cielo drive can live and join together in a song and dance number of "Light My Fire"

I personally think the fantasy ending of inglourious basterds is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in my life. One step away from the ending of Blazing Saddles...

alexpop likes this.
  8. Different strokes.

I loved it because we all knew that Hitler doesn't die in that theater, but then everything is different. Thought it was brilliant. ......

Ghostworld likes this.
  9. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

Looking forward to seeing this, as I do all his films since Reservoir Dogs.
    My favourite remains The Hateful Eight. I saw it twice in a week when it first came out, and I can't count how many times I've watched the DVD, and then BluRay. A masterpiece of Shakespearean qualities, perfect in almost every conceivable way.

TheSeldomSeenKid, kouzie and Mazzy like this.
  10. That’s why one reviewer’s comment about the murders being “rewritten” concerns me - like, is QT gonna make Tate survive and become a Girl Power Yay ninja warrior who exacts revenge on Manson and his creepy crawlers?

11. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Obviously I haven't seen the film but everything I have read so far makes it seem really tacky. What Tarantino did to Hitler is one thing but to take the murders of several real life people and make a fictitious film around it just seems wrong. Of course I feel the same way about Titanic. Hey let's take one of the biggest tragedies in history and turn it into a silly romance film.

GLENN, milankey and Ghostworld like this.
  12. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

"the murders of several real life people"? Unlike Hitler, you mean...?

Mazzy and vince like this.
  13. Your comment is like you’ve never seen one of his films ? He always shakes things up and goes against genre switching things up.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  14. FYI : Hitler was a real person too

Antmanbee likes this.
  15. Beat me to it.

Antmanbee likes this.
  16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I was typing on a tablet and had to edit my post and obviously did a poor job of it but I think you both know what I meant.

Mazzy likes this.
  17. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Cinema ..curtains burning. Very Hammer horror. The beginning of the film was majestic in comparison.

18. alexpop

Reverse for me. I find The Hateful Eight his best since Kill Bill.

TheVU and Antmanbee like this.
  19. alexpop

There’s a Cannes q&a with QT and cast, but there looks to be spoilers so I didn’t watch all the 30 minutes.

20. alexpop

Another YouTube er.,After the films was showing everyone standing up .,

Quentin Tarantino‘s cringe standing ovation clip ..+ all the actors ..camera guy right in their face ..looked embarrassing. Those thespian dudes work hard for their money.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  21. clashcityrocker

clashcityrocker Forum Resident

I watched it and there are no spoilers unless you think Tarantino talking about Ron Ely in a loincloth is a problem. The actors come across well as expected (Brad and Leo are sincere and thoughtful) and Tarantino the fanboy talks too much natch. I love his films but he is a total boor.

22. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

If Bruce Lee doesn't show up and take out Charlie and his ragamuffin gang, I'm gonna DEMAND my money back!

Dudley Morris, Mazzy and vince like this.
  23. alexpop

Read different endings.

24. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Di Caprio looks amazing what trailers I’ve seen so far, maybe a second Oscar on the cards ?

Anyone heard anymore songs that are confirmed on the soundtrack? I know mamas and the papas are on there.

25. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Kill bill vol 1 is a masterpiece and my favourite closely followed by inglorious basterds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.