‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Tarantino's Next

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Olompali, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

First film in 4 years. Should get a Oscar but the times are a changing..Controversial subject matter. Wouldn’t put my money on it.

2. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

True, there’s even talk Tarantino might be on for his first best director award, that’s probably even less likely.

3. alexpop

If he doesn’t blurt out anything foolish irrational at press events even a misquote can be harmful these days.

4. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

That means he won’t wont get one then, he’s already done that in the press conference at Cannes.

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. alexpop

Margot Robbie covered his a.. on that one.

Ghostworld and Carl80 like this.
  6. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

She did, very well.

Ghostworld and alexpop like this.
  7. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Not sure , kill bill vol 3 maybe, ha. He’s talked about doing mini series after films, I doubt it will be his last work.

He confirmed there’s a director’s cut version of django Unchained that he is planning to bring out in the near future.

8. alexpop

All well and good, but ...he’s not getting any younger, plus got married who’d of thought. :)

Took him five years to write latest Hollywood opus, can’t see the fire in him for one last biggie. Hopefully I’m wrong!!!!

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  9. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Think you might be right but who knows, hateful eight was wrongly slated as being a flop but was a great film, just not on the level of some of his others imo.

10. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Valid point. When you're used to making great movies it's easy to criticize one that's only very good.

Carl80 likes this.
  11. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Leo should have been nominated and WON Best Supporting Actor for Django Unchained. :realmad:

The only solace was Christoph Waltz won instead.

Ghostworld likes this.
  12. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Christoph Waltz is an amazing actor, it’s a pity he isn’t in the new one.

Yeah Di Caprio was brilliant in Django, he’s one of the best.

Just watched the trailer for Hollywood and the first scene when the car door opens and all the cigarettes fall on the floor is brilliant. Think it’s going to be special this film.

13. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I'm right with you, but Kill Bill 1 + 2 is actually one movie and should be viewed as such. It was only split in two because the studio was upset at the film's 4-hr length.

14. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Christoph Waltz played a bounty hunter in Django Unchained, maybe he can win another one for playing a bounty hunter in Alita?

15. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I’ve heard that as well, there where rumours for years that he was going to release the two together, think it was going to be called the whole bloody affair but I’ve given up on that now, it was rumoured there was an extended anime scene in there from vol 1, probably wasn’t true.

16. alexpop

Given up“
    Pity. No chance or no interest due to the Uma /car incident during the making of Kill Bill, strange how she never got any acknowledgement/compensation for her injury till the metoo thing happened.

17. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I love Uma, but I think she's being a big baby about that whole thing. Accidents happen, she's fine. She made millions and got to be one of the greatest movie heroines ever.

As for "Kill Bill" being one 4-hour movie - that's not speculation. It's definitely one movie. Works much better that way as well. The studio made lots more money splitting it into two events, to the detriment of its legacy.

realkilroy, manybiscuits and Carl80 like this.
  18. alexpop

“You’ll be alright ....crash“
    Yeah ..but that’s what soured her relationship with him. Also she’s in arguably in QT two best films Pulp Fiction and KB...something tragic went down. QT was devoted to her ( not enough for wedding bells, Bill),after their quasi partnership after Pulp Fiction .what with the pair of them devising Kill Bill concept. Least Uma’s daughter is in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

19. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

I was always hoping that there would be a sequel to Kill Bill. There have been a lot of suggestions for one, my favorite is the full grown daughter of Vernita Green aka Copperhead seeking revenge for her Mother's death.
    Insert The Bride's daughter to defend her Mother,

20. alexpop

Out of Tarantino’s directed 9 movies so far i rate 5,highly ..being; Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill (1-2), The Hateful Eight ..and in anticipation Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

Lightworker likes this.
  21. QT films are mostly an interesting miss for me. Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown are the only 2 I would rate as "excellent". I appreciate that he takes some chances and has a vision. Even his movies I don't consider great have some worthwhile scenes. I will watch the new one and hope it is one of his better efforts.

22. alexpop

Any reviews mention
    Once Upon A Time In Hollywood soundtrack?

Also ..Kurt Russell does he play a stuntman?

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Carl80 likes this.
  23. alexpop

Couldn’t find anything with the above post.

Well QT didn’t win the Palme d‘Or. That went to Bong Joon -Ho‘s Parasite.

Though Pulp Fiction did win it in 1994.

24. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

That's kind of how I feel about most Tarantino films as well. Interesting films but every time I see a QT flick, I can't help but feel he's just regurgitating a lot of tropes from 70s exploitation films. I know that's part of the appeal for a lot of fans, but I'd rather watch the real deal like Coffy or Lone Wolf & Cub minus the QT dialog and nudge nudge wink wink references, which I find kind of tiresome after a while.

Dudley Morris and SandAndGlass like this.
  25. alexpop

Tarantino reportedly working on his tenth film, a Django/Zorro crossover movie.

Argh !!! No QT.

Better at least Kill Bill III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.