One LP I should add to my collection and why

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sillycornelius, Jun 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillycornelius

sillycornelius Forum Resident Thread Starter

With Double Trouble? Had no clue. This thread is turning out way better than I had hoped.

Veggie Boy and 4-2-7 like this.
  2. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

One of my go to albums of Mark's, can't get enough, good thing it's a double LP

DPC, Fender Relic and sillycornelius like this.
  3. Jocko

Jocko Forum Resident

Hypnotic Eye by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. It’s the last disc he made of new music while alive and it’s excellent.
    To hear how good Tom and his band are sounding, brings a deeper sadness knowing there could have been plenty more to come. This was a band that was still making the some very solid Rock and Roll. They keep releasing older stuff and that’s good, but to know this was the last seems like a must own.

wayneklein, 4-2-7 and sillycornelius like this.
  4. timind

timind phorum rezident

5. PhotoMax

PhotoMax Forum Resident

6. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

Awesome album, Jimmy D. Lane is the son of Jimmy Rogers

Jimmy Rogers - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Jimmy_Roger
    s Jimmy Rogers (June 3, 1924 – December 19, 1997) was a Chicago blues singer, guitarist and harmonica player, best known for his work as a member of Muddy Waters's band in the early 1950s. He also had solo hits on the R&B chart with "That's All Right" in 1950 and "Walking by Myself" in 1954.
    Years active‎: ‎1946–1997

I don't know if you have heard of Acoustic Sounds? who also has a Audiophile label "Analogue Productions", pressing plant, and a recording studio at a live event venue. Chad hired Jimmy Lane to actively get old blues artist to record at the Blue Haven Studios and put on shows. He was overseeing APO ( Analogue Productions Original) records, meaning these are old and new artist he put new records out for. As well as all of Jimmy D. Lane titles
    Jimmy D. Lane

Blue Haven Studios
    Blue Heaven Studios

And yes, that is the Double Trouble

sillycornelius likes this.
  7. The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads. The two LP vinyl sounds terrific AND it’s still one of the best albums TH made. Beats Stop Making Sense which is great but much slicker.

audiofool and sillycornelius like this.
  8. sillycornelius

Ah, the second Kraftwerk recommendation. The plot thickens...

wayneklein likes this.
  9. It is a great album.

PhotoMax and sillycornelius like this.
  10. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

Thanks. No I had not heard them but I gave them a listen. Very nice musicianship. I put it in my wishlist. Ok, I will raise you two. The first one is more of a doom/death style and the second one is more of a thrash/ hardcore kind of thing.

Earthless, by Doom:VS

God Is War, by APMD

11. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Okey dokey; now I can work with that. Being punk/hardcore my absolute fav genre, I'd go with this one. Not exactly a 70s or 80s record though, but give it a try. They only released two 7¨back in the day, and an album they were able to release in......2006, but was recorded in '78 ! :

[​IMG]

Pure Hell

12. sillycornelius

Holy crap that is good.

The Pinhead likes this.
  13. WillieDaPimp

WillieDaPimp Good bad, not evil

[​IMG] Why, you ask? Because it’s the greatest Rock n’ Roll album ever made.

14. sillycornelius

This is blowing my mind. Is this similar to the Death storyline??

The Pinhead likes this.
  15. sillycornelius

Funhouse x2! :thumbsup:

WillieDaPimp likes this.
  16. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Lots of good choices up here already.

I don't really have one favourite, I have hundreds...

Cold Chisel - East

Like most Chisel or has a nice diversity of songs and styles. It is written and played with passion and fire.
    Don Walker is an excellent writer, and his lyrics and music are ear catching.
    Also all the other band members wrote for the album, and there is success across the board.
    It was a toss up between this and Circus Animals. Both worthy additions to any collection.
    Probably would be considered classic rock, but we get some blues, rockabilly, balladry, keyboard driven, guitar driven...
    We get the smooth jazz/blues vocals and wonderful guitar work of Ian Moss, and the unmatched rock vocals of Jimmy Barnes.
    It is a great blend and is very worthwhile trying out.

17. MANCHESTER MAN

MANCHESTER MAN Forum Resident

My favourite album is different from month to month. Currently it’s Bob Dylan’s amazing new album “Rough and Rowdy Ways”. 79 he may be, but age hasn’t blunted his observation, poetry and inspiration.

18. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

It’s impossible to answer your question without knowing your musical interests.

19. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

Here is a new record you might have not heard of yet, take a look at all the credits. It was like she asked everyone..."Hey you want to be on my record?":D
    Sheryl Crow - Threads

There are many more artist that contributed to the record, and many vids
    YouTube

[​IMG]
    Sheryl Crow - Still The Good Old Days ft. Joe Walsh

20. sillycornelius

I'm more interested in your musical interests for the purpose of this thread!

4-2-7 and Davey like this.
  21. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

Yeah I don't know why so many don't get it, it's exploring things you might not know. Like hey "I" like this, you might also want to check it out. Your option is to try it, like it or not it doesn't matter, you may, you may not. I like when I get turned on to something new to me, if I don't know about it, I can't say if it's something I like. You asked for our favorite records, I said I don't have any, that's not exactly right, most my go to records are things other have recently turned me onto that moves me one way or another.

But then again we're on a site a good portion of members can't get enough of The Beatles over 50 years worth of the same old thing wrapped in another package. Yeah I'll listen to some Beatles once in awhile...well not that much because I'v heard it many many times. At least the stones are still rocking.

sillycornelius I'm sure your getting a few things out of this thread, some of witch you haven't heard of but will be in your music library, and may end up being a new favorite record for you.

22. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Nope.

23. sillycornelius

Thanks for your perspective 4-2-7. I can't even tell you how many of my favorite albums have come from "blind" suggestions from other folks. It's critical for me to get suggestions from other music lovers.

I'm going off on a tangent, but speaking of the Beatles... I was more of a Beatles fan when I was a kid. They - along with Little Richard - were my first introduction to rock music. I was not a Stones fan when I was a kid. Now, many decades later, I'm a Stones fan, but I suppose at best I consider myself someone that "appreciates" the Beatles. But honestly, if I'm getting ready to listen to an album I pretty much never say, "OK, now I'm going to listen to the Beatles." I don't think I've consciously done that over the last 20-30 years if I'm being honest. For me they were an introduction to a genre, but then I moved on over the years. But I'm not trying to start a Beatles vs. Stones debate! I know that's been done to death.

24. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident

Get Roxy Music “Country Life” sexy cover, but I really don’t know if the music is any good

25. sillycornelius

OK, the date/timing - and region - sounded very familiar, but I'll start doing some research on this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.