Open your windows and I'll walk through your doors. Jethro Tull - WarChild Remixed 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tootull, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

They might be a lot more listenable with remixed drum and vocal tracks

2. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

calgary669 likes this.
  3. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

4. Galeans

Galeans Forum Resident

Fantastic news! I didn't expect them to do this and I'm extremely happy they are doing this!!! The second CD looks just... wow!

I LOVE this album!!

Please add "A" as well, definitely in my top 5 of Tull albums!

5. Daniel Falaschi

Please add "A" as well, definitely in my top 5 of Tull albums![/QUOTE]

Actually Benefit and passion PLay were "done" by Steven Wilson almost 2 years ago, but had to be postponed due to EMI being sold. So I guess it had been a relative long time since Steven had last worked with Ian Anderson on remixing some Tull tapes. And even if IA is a bit sceptical on giving him yet another JT album to remix, let´s hope this saga continues. As far as it seems, the major emphasis in revisiting Warchild came from SW. And I hope he has the will to remix Minstrel and Horses.

Galeans likes this.
  6. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

At least go up to Broadsword. 30 tracks and a great remix would make this an awesome buy

Carserguev and Bonddm like this.
  7. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Just ordered the Warchild remix. Passion play remix should come in the mail anyday too. Hopefully today. After I heard Sailor last week on youtube I ordered it straight away. Full 1 hour chateau album mixed to good quality sound. Double album. Now waiting for the Warchild triple album with the quad as well :D

Pete Puma likes this.
  8. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

True but Warchild was finished just before it was announced.

Galeans likes this.
  9. Galeans

Galeans Forum Resident

Well, the fans are happy and I think Ian knows, so I'm optimist he will let him continue! I don't know about "Minstrel In The Gallery" and "Heavy Horses" and I hope Steven will revisit them as well (even though "Minstrel" is one of my least favorite albums... "Heavy Horses" is awesome, though), but I know he was looking forward to do "Songs from the Wood", so I think that one will be given the deluxe treatment!

10. Daniel Falaschi

Yes, it seems they will skip a few albums and go directly to Songs from the wood. Ian himself rates it as one of his best I think. I like it, but to me Horses has much more stronger songs.

footlooseman likes this.
  11. Daniel Falaschi

Regarding "Horses", Ian has no excuse for releasing live material with it. There are a number of unreleased tracks from the Bursting Out tour, and the multi tracks are available.

footlooseman likes this.
  12. Galeans

Galeans Forum Resident

Well, we'll see about that. I didn't even expect them to do "Benefit" and "Warchild". Actually, the fact that they had to go back and do "Benefit" due to popoular request might led them to do the whole thing (until the 80s at least).

I'm not sure about "Too Old To RNR", but "Minstrel in the Gallery" is definitely a fan favourite, and even if I don't like the album, I'm willing to see it receive the Wilson treatment because I never liked the original production and a different approach to the album might make sense. I think Wilson would be the perfect guy to work on that. If they do include the Paris 1975 show in it (either audio or video), then it would be a no-brainer and I'd buy it in matter of minutes!

And yeah, I agree about "Heavy Horses". I love "Songs from the Wood", but I think that, as a whole, "Heavy Horses" is a better album and one of the very best.

Carserguev and Daniel Falaschi like this.
  13. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I think if they did Passion Play (an album Ian has frequently dismissed in interviews) any album is possible.

slipkid likes this.
  14. Daniel Falaschi

Let´s start a petition for IA & SW to do Minstrel. Including whatever is in conditions from the PAris 75 show: full synched video/audio, full audio, or if the multitracks are damaged, at least what survives from them.

Galeans likes this.
  15. Daniel Falaschi

Might be true. I think APP offered the prospect/possibility/advantage of releasing the full original Chateau tapes, and remixing an album that was over-produced (using IA´s words). This is not the case for otehr Tull albums.

16. Daniel Falaschi

And let´s include also the BBC live tracks that were made during the recording session as well.

ParloFax and footlooseman like this.
  17. folkfreak

folkfreak The cold blooded penguin

The Aqualung Version from Monte Carlo is one of the best with the Cello (or Viola?).
    I hope they do Too old and include the TV Special Video AND audio, as the TV special has some completely different takes (not only different mixes) than the actual album of some of the songs.

18. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

How could this be when they are about the same price in British Pounds? Is the VAT included on Buring Shed or something?

19. Yes! I had completely forgotten about these... Those little bits scattered were so frustrating!...

20. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Well, Amazon UK took the VAT off and that made the price lower. It was 12.88 pounds after VAT was removed. That's before shipping.

21. Skweek

Skweek Active Member

Warchild - even my Dad liked some of it back in 74-75, he used to play my copy as a change from the usual classical and Judy Collins/Gordon Lightfoot fare for dinner-parties.

Having said that, even Wishbone Ash and Led Zep (III) got the occasional spin.

If the previous Tull 40th releases are anything to go by, I can't frikking wait! I'm surprised their praises aren't more widely sung - even the 16/44 versions are absolutely stonking (I feel sorry for those who 'invested' large sums in the various, now redundant, 'audiophile' releases of the albums)

22. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

Oh yes. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, expensive or not. It's a fantastic compilation.

23. Daniel Falaschi

How much excitement around these Tull remixes! Let`s hope Ian takes notice of all of the talking here. Is there anybody here in touch with him? hehe

24. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Thanks! I guess these are PAL DVD's. Doesn't matter to me as my Oppo 103 plays them without any trouble.

25. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

No, NTSC and region free like the rest of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.