OPPO BDP-103 and BDP-105 Networking Universal 3D Blu-ray Players (part2)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Does a Mac mini + iPad (no screen/keyboard/mouse) count?

2. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

I'm fine with an iDevice as a controller but regarding the original issue: properly playing a wav/flac album on a so-called "universal networking" device like the BDP-10x should not require additional hardware, and certainly not something requiring a $600+ expenditure, plus extra power/heat/space. The mini isn't fanless either, is it?

Anyway, the simple issue is this:

A "universal networking" device should be able to play the "Emperor" Concerto from the network with the proper continuous segue from the second movement to the third. Does the most recent CUE implementation permit this?

3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

It's not a "universal networking device", it is a Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Player. When you have proper expectations for what it's advertised to do, the limitations make more sense.

Just because a Cadillac EXT is considered a truck, you shouldn't expect it to not get stuck in places a Ford F-150 Raptor handles with ease.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

:laugh: Classic ! Can you see some 6' 6" bear of a man throwing freshly cut lumber into an EXT ? It's a Gentleman's truck.

5. john greenwood

john greenwood Senior Member

I can attest to the CUE files working as I described above to create gapless playback on drives directly connected to my 105. The "Official" BDP-105 thread on the AVS forum suggests that they also work with SMB, but not yet with DLNA.

I can also recommend that if you want further information you contact Oppo. Their support team is outstanding.

PROG U.K. likes this.
  6. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Just to clarify, that's with multiple files (in the "Emperor" example that would mean Movement1.flac + Movement2.flac + Movement3.flac), correct?

7. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.