"Orange is the New Black" Netflix series...any fans

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dbacon, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Hell, yeah!

George P likes this.
  2. It has just started showing here in New Zealand. Only two episodes screened so far. It's good stuff. :thumbsup:

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I've watched 6 episodes and other than a few chuckles here and there, I'm not getting much out of it. There's a couple characters I like, but most I just don't care about. Is there anything major that will happen later on, or if I'm not into it by now, will I never be? I'm find it a real chore to get through. I don't like leaving things unfinished, but that's really the only reason I've kept going.

I like Dayanara and her relationship with the guard. And Lorna is likable. I also could do with more of Laura Prepon's character.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  4. Parvati

Parvati I'm neither male, nor can I sing

Pennsatucky steals the show, in my opinion. That is some quality performing.

gottafeelin likes this.
  5. George P

George P Notable Member

If you don't like it by 6 episodes, bail. I didn't like it until the third or fourth, but then it clicked completely and I was hooked.

6. Great show. Can't wait for season 2 after that intense cliffhanger!

7. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

I was ready to give up around this point, but the show became much more interesting in the latter half of the season imo. It didn't go where I thought it was going.

8. I can't believe this is Pennsatucky (Taryn Manning) in real life--well, as real as Hollywood is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shak Cohen likes this.
  9. Parvati

Parvati I'm neither male, nor can I sing

Taryn Manning is an amazing actress. She was great in Hustle & Flow, too. And in Waking Madison. She puts on trashy like a pair of favourite tennis shoes.

BuddhaBob likes this.
  10. EndOfTheRainbow

EndOfTheRainbow I Want To See the Bright Lights Tonight

I've watched the entire first series, loved it

Shak Cohen likes this.
  11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Finished the series earlier tonight. The Pensatucky character had just been introduced and hadn't done much when I first posted, which was after watching episode #5 (The Chickening), I think. I can see why you guys praised her so much. She did a great job bringing that character to life. I can't say I loved the series, but the last few episodes were very good and it ended with a bang, so I'm glad I stuck it out.

12. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Season 2 just started streaming today. See you guys in 13 hours....

Luckless Pedestrian likes this.
  13. Cool! :righton: Loved Season One. Hope we get to see S Two here in New Zealand before long.

14. George P

George P Notable Member

I'm about halfway through the second season and loving this show as much as ever!

benjaminhuf likes this.
  15. benjaminhuf

benjaminhuf Forum Resident

Yes, the second season is almost as good as the first. Just finished it yesterday.

16. smokeverbs

smokeverbs Senior Member

In the middle of season two now. Love this show. Everyone is firing on all cylinders, especially Pousse and Gloria.

Solaris and George P like this.
  17. Solaris

I'm about to watch episode 6. I love how they've made this so much more than about Piper. The tension between the game V is running and what Red is doing feels like a slow burn that's going to pay off big.

18. smokeverbs

smokeverbs Senior Member

Finished season 2 now. How soon before we can discuss anything spoiler-y?

19. Aristotalloss

Aristotalloss Forum Resident

Wait till I'm done..;)
    2 episodes of the 2nd series behind the belt. Good stuff.

AKA likes this.
  20. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

How about trying the new spoiler feature?
    I'm still only on episode 1!

smokeverbs likes this.
  21. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

What I find fascinating are how the characters really get under your skin.

Shak Cohen likes this.
  22. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

I'm up to episode 5. Love the Morello backstory. Great season so far, much better than I had anticipated.

23. Solaris

I finished the second season today.

At first I wasn't taken with the back stories, but after the first few episodes I started liking how they forecast decisions of certain characters without telegraphing too much of what was about to come. Vee was truly a sociopath, and it was gratifying to see her get her comeuppance, along with Mendez and Figueroa. In fact, I could argue that it was too gratifying, too neatly tying up various conflicts. For instance, is there any reason to believe Vee wouldn't have killed Red, given her history? Or that Red would have believed Vee when she offered a truce?

Whatever criticisms I may have, the dialogue is great, the characters are all memorable and the acting is a lot of fun. The episode about female anatomy was hilarious. Looking forward to Season 3.

24. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

Didn't see that coming at all. Nice diversion to begin with the shoes but the revelation has been the most shocking so far for the show.

25. George P

George P Notable Member

Wow, what a shock the finale was for me. I kept watching the time, hoping we'd get some resolution. I Never saw that ending coming! The music was a nice touch!!

AKA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.