Orbe speed problems

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Uglyversal, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi,

It is early days and so far I have only added a ferrite filter to the power cable of the PS but the problem persist.
    I have thought of several things to try but I don't want to go on a wild goose chase and go insane when somebody else might have had the same issue already.

For a month o may be a bit more every now and then when stopping and starting the TT through the button on the motor the PS LED would change from green to red on it's own and the TT would go to 45RPM. Today for first time and many times, while it was running it would change itself to 45. Once even went back to 33 on it's own. I have noticed recently with a strobe that is also running just a tad faster than what it should.

The question is: Is this a sign the motor's brushes might be on their way out? Is it a problem with the PS capacitors? I don't want to go crazy looking for interference or a problem that might not be other than an ageing component. The TT must be 8-9 years old, I have the DC motor and the PS in the picture which I can't recall the name. Thank you![​IMG]

2. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

My advice is that you get in touch with Michell, they will likely know what the problem is and what's required to fix it, in my experience they are very helpful although the time difference may mean email rather than a phone call.

macster likes this.
  3. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident Thread Starter

I might try them later but the problem is you are in the UK, I am in Australia, they generally push you to do anything through their local dealers which means excessive amounts of money.
    Last week I tried to get the belt locally and I was asked the equivalent of 50 pounds for it so for the moment I'll wait a bit as I get the feeling someone here might have been through this before. Thank you!

4. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Fair enough and good luck, also if you need a Michell belt I'm happy to source one here and post it to you, last time I bought one I think it was around £25 and I imagine postage wouldn't be too high.

Andy Saunders and trd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.