Ordering "Dark Side Of The Moon" SACD from Acoustic Sounds reveals I have a dark or impatient side*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Sterling1, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sterling1

Sterling1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Back in July 2019 I became aware of The Dark Side Of The Moon being released again in multi-channel SACD. I found an offering of it from Acoustic Sounds and I responded to the offer. About 3 weeks ago the SACD estimated date of arrival was January 16th, which has now come and gone. I called Acoustic Sounds for information, since I did not receive the SACD as I had expected, and I was told it was not known when the SACD would arrive. At any rate, is this sort of 7+month wait typical for pre-orderable music?

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

For Acoustic Sounds, unfortunately this is the usual deal. Keep in mind this release is being done under the auspices of their Analogue Productions label. Thing don't get done as fast they would prefer. Ask anyone who pre-ordered the first UHQR. I pre-ordered in late in 2017. It was supposed to be released in 2018. I got it mid year 2019. You can look at MoFi, they aren't any better. These things get released when they get released.

If you're impatient, cancel your order and buy a used 2003 copy off discogs. It's going to be the same thing.

3. Sterling1

Sterling1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for the advise. I think I will keep my order for now. What's actually most irritating is I need to roll over $39.09 from my debit card each month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.