Ordering from high end HIfi store

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MikeJedi, Mar 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi peeps.

is it customary for a store let’s say , you ordered a piece of stereo equipment that is backordered , and they say they have to charge you upfront to get the item. Charge your credit card first. I thought majority of places wait until it actually ships to charge your card ? Is this a normal thing ? It’s a very reputable place. So far they haven’t charged the card yet anyways. They are swamped from the last time I spoke with them and would get out an invoice etc once they inputted all the info I. Their system. I am just curious what you think. Thanks for any I insights.
    :)

2. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

This has always been my experience.

AaronW and MikeJedi like this.
  3. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

Well a lot of stores will not have a bunch of high dollar components in the store as stock. They will buy units to use as demo pieces, might have some of a brands line that they know they sell all the time. But other than that they'll have you buy it and the expedite getting it to the store or drop shipped to your location.

That said store these days hardly ever have much stock of anything. Go into Best Buy and ask for something like a good mic, they will tell you they don't have it but can order it for you.

MikeJedi likes this.
  4. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks peeps. They are going to let me know before it ships so I have a heads up so I can get it shipped to my new place. They have been excellent. I’m not worried just curious as most stores pre pandemic would charge after they ship and some still do. Understanding some of the smaller shops don’t that’s ok. They are an excellent shop and got a invoice and everything. Thanks for sharing your experiences :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.