Original Pink Panther Movies - Best Option?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RockDude4492, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello,

I’m trying to purchase the original Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers on DVD and I’m trying to figure out what my best option is. It’s mostly between the 2004 set with the five Peter Sellers movies minus Return of the Pink Panther, or the newer Shout set that has Return. Does anyone have any experience with either set? Would you recommend one over the other? Any insight would help. Thanks!

2. I have the original 2004 DVD set and a separate DVD for Return of the Pink Panther but haven't seen the Shout! Factory set. If you don't mind spending more money, the Blu-ray set is surely the best option. I am happy enough with what I have that I haven't replaced it, but buying the new complete DVD set makes more sense if you are going to buy a DVD set.

3. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I have yet to get myself a BR player (it’s on my list) so I’m sticking with DVD for now. Would the Shout! DVDs be the same transfers as the Blu-Rays? It looks like the DVDs don’t have bonus features and they are two movies to a disc but other than that, they should have the same transfer, correct? Sorry I’m pretty illiterate when it comes to this stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.